People with an idler pulley have this happen to you?

Brad

Banned
Went out to the car today and noticed a 1/8th inch groove warn into my aftermarket 100MM idler from belt friction... Stock it's got no groove right?

Brad

Banned
The Evil 1 said:
What kind of idler is it. Get the Billetflow 4 piece set if its not.

it's the billerflow 100MM looks like in another 15000 miles it'll be worn enough to a point where I'll have to replace it.

This isn't happening to anyone else?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
With abrasive road dirt running through there, its going to eventually eat away at the aluminum.

There are companies that offer hard coated units which are noteably tougher, but don't offer the pretty color options.

And did you mean 1,500 miles, or 15,000 miles in your last post?

Also, there is no groove stock/new.

Brad

Banned
mblgjr said:
With abrasive road dirt running through there, its going to eventually eat away at the aluminum.

There are companies that offer hard coated units which are noteably tougher, but don't offer the pretty color options.

And did you mean 1,500 miles, or 15,000 miles in your last post?

Also, there is no groove stock/new.

That's what i was looking for, "nothing on there new." Cool.. I meant 15000 miles. If it were 1500 I'd be pulling it off righ now, haha.. I could powder coat it black, that would work, PC is usually pretty tough... :shrug:

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
HEY BRAD DITO HERE... ONLY 6,000 MILES ON MY BLING, WITH TWO BAD GROVES IN A COUPLE OF PULLEYS..... (normal wear and tear) !!!

I use metco now (hard coat)

Brad

Banned
Good info guys, thanks alot! I guess I'll be looking for a hard coating for it, I'm sure there is some type of sealer that will hold up.

dougwg

Established Member
Some wear is normal, lots of wear is not.

If you have excesive wear, you need to call me at the shop and we'll take care of you.

BTW: Stock pulleys are powdercoated and wear quite fast.

I'm going to be working on a rush job for the next 5 or 6 days so give me a day or so to get back to you if you leave a message.

Users who are viewing this thread