Pep Boys Killed My Cobra!

98fourvalve

Established Member
I use the MM c/c plates and no, you can't use the strut tower brace with them. Then again, I also have the JLT intake which prevented me from using the strut tower brace in the first place.

Tell that guy at Pep Boys he should stick with soccer-moms car instead of trying to give advice on aftermarket mods for Mustangs.

If I'm reading this right the OP has a 96 Cobra correct? If so then he can too use the MM caster camber plates and use his strut tower brace. I have both installed. MM caster camber plates, STB, griggs coil overs-lowered of course. Damn near perfect alignment.

You sir seem to have a 95 which is probably the big difference.

Sorry to hijack just wanted to let the op know. If indeed his car is a 96.

CzchMex

Established Member
If I'm reading this right the OP has a 96 Cobra correct? If so then he can too use the MM caster camber plates and use his strut tower brace. I have both installed. MM caster camber plates, STB, griggs coil overs-lowered of course. Damn near perfect alignment.

You sir seem to have a 95 which is probably the big difference.

Sorry to hijack just wanted to let the op know. If indeed his car is a 96.

+1 on running the combo. I have the same setup. But mine too is a 96

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Shit happens but you admit to having cut springs to lower your car, which is the ghettoist shit in the world so obviously you like to cheap out on things. You said your battery was old.... so replace it. They aren't that expensive.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Shit happens but you sound like a crybaby. You admit to having cut springs to lower your car, which is the ghettoist shit in the world so obviously you like to cheap out on things. You said your battery was old.... so replace it. They aren't that expensive.

Read the thread. He has Eibach springs. While I agree that he did jump down the mechanic's throat (because we are all stealing and the scum of the Earth) early, your post is no better.

OP: Do you realize that since you have no camber or caster adjustment, you could have aligned your car with a tape measure? FLSFCs are never a bad idea on these cars, or are C/C plates. I like to add a little positive caster to the street cars I set up with 9" wide front wheels.

You can use MM CC plates with MM STB.

KCRN12

Established Member
fml, when the battery is started there is a draw on the battery it has to stay above 9.4v to technically be good, then it runs at around 12.4

i openly eat my previous words, thanks for pointing it out lovesboost

Runs at 12.4?.. Each cell is 2.1 volts. 6 cells = 12.6 resting voltage. When the car is running your voltage should be anywhere from 13-15 volts. If it's not, then the alternator isn't working properly and amperage is going to be off too. A load test will verify.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
OP: Do you realize that since you have no camber or caster adjustment, you could have aligned your car with a tape measure? FLSFCs are never a bad idea on these cars, or are C/C plates. I like to add a little positive caster to the street cars I set up with 9" wide front wheels.

You can use MM CC plates with MM STB.

pretty much spot on. I would disagree that FLSFCs and C/C are never a bad idea however. I see ths FLSFCs as a MUST and so are C/C plates when running aftermarket springs. you CANNOT get a really dialed in alignment without them.

As far as Pep Boys goes .. there is NOTHING so important as to justify letting a place like Pep Boys touch your car.

95PGTTech

Established Member
pretty much spot on. I would disagree that FLSFCs and C/C are never a bad idea however. I see ths FLSFCs as a MUST and so are C/C plates when running aftermarket springs. you CANNOT get a really dialed in alignment without them.

As far as Pep Boys goes .. there is NOTHING so important as to justify letting a place like Pep Boys touch your car.

I'd put the C/C plates on a stock ride height car. Alignment is the dyno tune of the suspension world.

Users who are viewing this thread