Performance Autosport + Shelby GT500 + Griggs Suspension

Kevin@PAS

Established Member
It wasn't too long ago this Shelby GT500 was dropped off at our shop having a completely stock suspension. A lot has changed since them. Our lucky customer recently picked up his newly transformed Shelby GT500 after it received the full Griggs Racing Suspension System. The rear suspension ditches the 3 link and replaces it with a Torque Arm and Watts link, along with coilovers, lower control arms, and sway bar. The front suspension is completely re engineered into a SLA setup including custom modular drop spindles and a tubular engine cradle, fully adjustable control arms and all that good stuff.

The car went from being bone stock (suspension) to the most radical setup you could ever imagine. Let me not forget that it's not pushing stock power anymore either. The stock blower has already been swapped out for a Kenne Bell and it now makes over 600rwhp.

I had the pleasure of driving this car today and I can honestly say it exceeded all my expectations and absolutely blew my mind. Running 305/35/18 Toyo RA-1's on the street daily surely doesnt hurt, but this car is absolutely amazing in every way.

Anyways, here are some pics of the build up, new parts, and finished product. Enjoy...

Stock rear suspension
GT500Blue%2011%20800.jpg

GT500Blue%2013%20800.jpg

Stock front suspension
GT500Blue%2015%20800.jpg

GT500Blue%2017%20800.jpg

Kevin@PAS

Established Member
chuckstang said:
How much?

Wait, Ill guess $10k in suspension parts total?

Including the Jongbloed custom wheels, Griggs brakes, and a few others goodies on this car it was over $10,000 in parts.

One drive and it's absolutely justified. This car drives so completely different it's kind of impossible to put into words.

chuckstang

Established Member
Even if I had that kind of cash for parts, I really would worry about a place that could install them as nice as you did.

Some guys know how to just throw quality parts at a car, but this is the complete package, performance and looks!

simply amazing, I would bring it to SEMA

Kevin@PAS

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Even if I had that kind of cash for parts, I really would worry about a place that could install them as nice as you did.

We really appreciate that. Our lead installer, Don, does an amazing job and has been installing Griggs products for several years. It really does matter who you get to install your parts to ensure it is done properly. Many shops could throw parts on cars, but the difference is having someone skilled enough to set the car up once the install is complete.

simply amazing, I would bring it to SEMA

We actually discussed with the owner having this car sitting at the Griggs Racing booth at SEMA...so that may just happen!

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
that is a very nice car... i have the 05 gt that all the parts came from... i was thinking of switching it over to the shelby... looks great... congrats... as for the cost... the front end alone before install is around $10k to 14k... the rear end is around $6k to 8k... then you add in the brakes at $3k and your total cost is just around $25k... not bad for a car that can whoop on just about anything at the track now... good luck with it... :beer: :pop:

ingram4868

Established Member
You now have the ultimate car for the street or the track. Those guys at Griggs are awesome engineers.

Did you keep the factory driveshaft?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
now THAT is the stance that this thing needed! that is straight up hot! i have one question though, why a torque arm over a 3-link/4-link set up? i thought the 3/4-link set ups were pretty much the best you could get for adjustability and performance. i must be wrong, i cant imagine anyone swapping to a superior front and an inferior back, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread