performance loss of swapping magnapacs for mufflers

lightning666

Established Member
I just measured my magnapacs on my silverbullet exhaust and they measure 14 inches, so they could be replaced with the magnaflow muffler in the pic. Would there be any performance loss with this swap? I don't run cats and got kooks LTs and a built block with a whipple. I would keep the x-pipe though. The reason for this is I really want to quiet it down, and these should be quieter, I think.
mpe-12216_w.jpg

lightning666

Established Member
I would just imagine that these would be quieter than the magna pacs, since theyre bigger. Its just crazy loud right now

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
lol, well you could probably roll a marble from the headers to the tips.

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
There should be no performance loss between the two. They are both straight thru mufflers (no baffling) with the only difference being more sound absorbing or deadening material around the muffler in the pic.

lightning666

Established Member
There should be no performance loss between the two. They are both straight thru mufflers (no baffling) with the only difference being more sound absorbing or deadening material around the muffler in the pic.

this was my thought exactly, just not sure if it was right. I guess I'll buy them and I'll use the magnapacs for the gen1. I don't mind the loudness on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread