Perhaps y'all might enjoy this.

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I think I found a troll. :rolleyes:

I'm up all night every night because I work grave shift. I'm on my night off tonight and I'm on AIM as usual, and someone with whom I've never spoken IMs me out of the blue. It's this girl who happens to be a member on here. Naturally, I'm thinking, "is she hot?" She goes by gopedxr on this forum, so I did some googling and facebooking (I love the information age, by the way) and came up with some interesting stuff. :dw: So I sent her a PM on here, which I will paste below...

Pushrodsnake said:
Some Curiosities.

I'm kind of curious as to what exactly your goal may have been in contacting me. I was curious as to why you randomly IM'd me, however, I would attribute that to my being the only person online at the time. I have done a bit of research and have come up with the following.

First off, I'm going to assume that Robin Boyer is a pseudonym. It works because Robin is an asexual name. I'll get into that later.

A google search of gopedxr netted some worthwhile information. Apparently you have been banned from numerous sites. In most cases you join and pose as someone who has no car or truck, however, you had one in the past that you sold or lost to various circumstances.

On corvetteforum.com you make no pretenses and introduce yourself as someone who is simply has "found a love for chevy trucks and cars. the corvete being one of my favorites". You also list your location as Hemet/Newport Beach/Bay Area. You have also apparently changed your AIM handle as you list RobinYracer as your handle on corvetteforum.com.

On most forums you say that you're from either the San Francisco Bay Area or SoCal. On at least one other you say you're from the Houston area.

I mentioned that Robin is an asexual name. On texastruckscene.com you describe yourself as "a guy thats into loud music and fast trucks and cars. And i love beer amd girls". So are you a guy, a girl, or either depending on which suits you at the moment? It seemed clear to me during our AIM conversation that you were a girl. You also say that you're occupation is "Mowing Lawns".

On orangecountyhorsepower.com you don't say whether you're a guy or a girl, however, I would lean toward thinking you're a girl if all I had seen was this forum. You list your occupation as "between jobs : )".

On norcal-ls1.com you have actually been called out on at least one occasion. You also say on another forum that you're trying to get a job working at your family's trailer park in Houston. On norcal-ls1.com you say in a thread about a meet that your family has "court down here in socal on the 9th". So does your family own a trailer park in Texas, or do they live in SoCal? This makes no sense. You also list a different location (Walnut Creek) on this forum as well.

You have been banned from ls1tech.com, so I can gather no information from that site.

You have no posts on stangnet.com, however, a quick check of your profile reveals that six of the ten most recent visitors to your profile were all moderators. Why are they so interested in your profile if you've said nothing on the forum thus far? Perhaps they have heard of you?

On svtperformance.com you say in a thread entitled "Cant We Have a Texas Meet?" that you are "going to texas for my first time in march". By going to Texas for the first time I assume you mean you're going to Texas for the first time. The March you mention would have been March of this year. A mere two months ago. However, you have been a member of texastruckscene.com since October 29th, 2009, and you have posts about organizing a meet in Texas as early as November 4th, 2009. Four months before you had even gone to Texas "for the first time". Also bear in mind that you were apparently trying to get a job at your family's trailer park two months before you went to Texas "for the first time". You also make it clear that your first-time visit to Texas is merely for a vacation; as you mention visiting the DFW area, Austin, and San Antonio. Or do you have family in all of those cities who own trailer parks? Your thread concerning your friend's Thunderbird on this forum also makes little sense as it seemed to you a new idea when I suggested that you seek advice from forum members concerning the modifications your friend wishes to do to that car.

The most curious aspect of all of this is that you're also a member of legalmarijuanadispensary.com. Your profile there offers no good information, however. Is all this simply an attempt to gain smoking buddies across the country, or are you simply looking for attention?

All of this is, simply put, creepy. Would you care to explain all of this?

He/she/it hasn't responded yet and probably won't until sometime today, I'm thinking. We'll see what they say. :banana:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Have you alerted the moderators? Maybe they can get rid of him/her/it before they troll here.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Damn! That is some impressive research...

So many contradictions. Sounds like the dude belongs in a straight jacket!

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
It's actually kind of reminiscent of this girl who I met on a local forum when I lived in Oklahoma, but she was just a groupie who was just going to all kinds of different forums (anything, didn't matter) to score guys, I guess.

I think I will alert the mods. :)

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Holy mother of God you've got way too much free time on your hands. Does your nightshift work include detective skills? If not, you're in the wrong line of work. Lol

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
No, my night shift work requires no detective skills. I just really do have too much time on my hands. :)

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I received an AIM IM from this person too! They messaged me asking about advice on their friends thunderbird and the 4.6 and what they should do next to it.

Very weird conversation...when I get home, I'm going to see if I still have the conversation logged (I think I disabled that feature though).

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
Did she send nudes and you saw penis? That was your first clue, right?

*GASP* How'd you know?!?!?!

Haha. It just seemed clear to me in our conversation that he/she/it was a girl. And then I find the one website where he/she/it is posing as a guy. Just makes no sense whatsoever. Along with all the other stuff I found, just a lot of red flags.

Users who are viewing this thread