perscription tint question

ryanjoachim

Established Member
so my mom went to the doctor today and got a perscription for window tint because she has an eye diesease. question is once she gets the tint on and say a cop pulls her over can she get a ticket even though she has written proof from a doctor that she is aloud to have the tint? dumb question maybe but i just want to be sure. Also im getting tint on my car which is actually my moms if i drive the car and show proof that this is my moms car im just driving it would i get a ticket?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
A prescription is what I think you are trying to describe.What % is she going to get and what are your state laws?If she got illegal tint,she needs to carry the proof from the doctor in the car.Make several copies.IMO,if you are driving it it can go either way as far as getting ticketed though.Its kind of like someone using anothers handicapped placard.

ryanjoachim

Established Member
shes going 20% which is illegal but like i said thats why she got the perscription for it. 35% is legal but i dont see really why she would get introuble if she has a perscription for it but i thought id get other oppinions first.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
shes going 20% which is illegal but like i said thats why she got the perscription for it. 35% is legal but i dont see really why she would get introuble if she has a perscription for it but i thought id get other oppinions first.

According to the law as written there doesn't appear to be a problem. You can even drive her in her car with the illegal tint as long as she is with you and she has her doctors prescription with her. the way I read it however, is that you cannot drive her car by yourself with the illegal tint without risking a ticket.

"The provisions of this section do not apply to a motor vehicle registered in this state in the name of a person, or the person's legal guardian, who has an affidavit signed by a physician or an optometrist licensed to practice in this state that states that the person has a physical condition that makes it necessary to equip the motor vehicle with sun screening material which would be of a light transmittance or luminous reflectance in violation of this section. The affidavit must be in the possession of the person so afflicted, or the person's legal guardian, at all times while being transported in the motor vehicle."

SUN SCREENING DEVICES

Users who are viewing this thread