Personalized plate idea?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You can get pulled over here for any of those frames covering any of the lettering.
It is illegal in most states including the two you quoted. But like most things a lot of cops ignore it unless they want a reason to pull you over

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I've never had a problem here, unless it covers the registration tabs. Now not having a front license plate would get me pulled over in a hurry. :(

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

We’re supposed to have them too but with how much I drive mine that’s a chance I’m willing to take.

My factory Ford SVT frame covers some of my rear plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
We’re supposed to have them too but with how much I drive mine that’s a chance I’m willing to take.

My factory Ford SVT frame covers some of my rear plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I could. I actually tried removing the front plate bracket as I have a removable plate holder I bought a year ago.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
This is where living in the city helps. Cops here have better things do deal with then me without a front plate. So I don't even get a second look. I think it being a mustang helps too.

Put 1000 miles on it so far this year, tooling around the city's. Granted its not my daily, but it can be done.

3/4's of the guys I run with have no front plate as well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This is where living in the city helps. Cops here have better things do deal with then me without a front plate. So I don't even get a second look. I think it being a mustang helps too.

Put 1000 miles on it so far this year, tooling around the city's. Granted its not my daily, but it can be done.

3/4's of the guys I run with have no front plate as well.
Yeah here in a small town of 13,000 people, the police look for any reason to pull you over.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've been pulled over half a dozen times the past 20 years of owning v8 domestic cars. But I've never got a ticket, only warnings. It's always been a highway patrol, never a local cop. If I know I'm going to take a highway trip, I'll throw the front plate inside the car and if pulled over, I will say the front bumper just got work done and the mounting bracket is backordered....lol. It's worked.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Love me some custom plates.

944146_10152870750655323_1306453464_n.jpg
IMG_1968.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread