Pesky ZL1

El_Joker

Established Member
Earlier this year I had a ZL1 annoyance and got to have a little more fun with the same driver Friday, or at least I am sure it was the same driver by what followed.

On my way home from work traffic was a little heavier than normal. There was one driver, in the fast lane of course, holding people up. They were going 50 in a 65 and the slow lane wasn't moving either. I noticed a Camaro two or three cars back but never really care since they don't worry me much. I was getting annoyed because this person in front would not move over when there was an actual space. Well behind me cars were moving around and the next thing I know I have the Camaro, on my ass.

I glanced back and saw the ZL1 style hood and remember there is a black one locally. The person thinks it is something else and drives it as such. Last time I had a run in with this driver they pulled the floor it before the other guy is ready thing. I put it in my mind that once the slowpoke in front moved, and it is clear enough, I would have a little fun with this driver.

About 3-4 miles later this car finally moved and the lanes were open enough to have fun. I was going to move into the slow lane and wait for the ZL1 to ride up beside me but as I expected they had other plans. They simply started passing me in the slow lane and floored, so I would have been going about 55-60 at the time. I had been annoyed and stayed in 4th prior to being stuck behind the slowpoke so I simply put it into 3rd. The Camaro got right up to my fender and I could hear it screaming, so buried my foot and started walking it hard. Ran out to about 130 in 4th and they were at least a bus and a half behind me.

I moved into the slow lane and started bringing it down, and like I expected, the ZL1 just flew by. I am pretty sure I got flipped the bird...but it was worth it to me.

My car:

Aluminator, TVS 75mm, full exhaust: 652/572.

b_dike

Established Member
Good kill, always nice to put the bow tie in it's place. Even though the zl1 didn't stand a chance. Too bad he was such a douche about it.

mystickb1996

Established Member
nice kill man, and solid setup you have there. how much boost you seeing with that pulley? and 11:1cr aluminator?

El_Joker

Established Member
how much boost you seeing with that pulley? and 11:1cr aluminator?

I went with the 11:1 engine and am seeing around 11-12#'s of boost; also running a CAI. Was thinking it would have been a little higher so I don't know if going OR H made much difference or I could have some belt slip.

What part of Indiana?

Outside of South Bend (northern IN)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread