Pete Rose Admits Betting?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
It's being reported that Pete Rose will admit to betting on baseball in an effort to be reinstated. What are your opinions? Should Rose now be exonerated after almost 15 years of lies and be elected into the Hall of Fame?

SVT4ME

Established Member
I feel what he did to get him thrown out of baseball should not have any effect on cooperstown. Don't let him in a park, coach, watch or what ever else but let in charlie hussle.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I think it's a joke !

He's allowed to be one of the fifty greatest players of all time ! And benefit MLB in Atlanta. But they wouldn't let him in the last old timers game in Cincy at Riverfront where Pete Rose is a legend and everyones fav baseball player of all time ! They had to cover all the Reds and MLB emblems. BS ! Let him in. Keeping him out does more harm then good. !

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
There are players in the hall of fame who did a lot worse than bet on games. His stats make him deserve to be in Cooperstown. I saw this coming last summer when rumours and reinstatement petitions were circulating at the Jackhammers' games where his son [Pete Rose Jr.] now plays.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I say let him in the hall of fame. I just think he should have admited it a long time ago instead of dragging it out so long, admitting it now after all these years of denial makes him look even worse....IMO.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I agree he should be in the Hall of Fame. I just wish he would have came out and admitted it way back in the early 90's. If he would have then I think the matter would have blown over and he'd probably be in the Hall by now!

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I wonder if Vegas has any bets on whether he will be reinstated? I bet Pete would want in on some of that action!

99cobrajms

Established Member
Pete has been his own worst enemy. He is a PR nightmare. His lack of personality and arrogance is unreal. If you ever visited his restaurant in Boca Raton and he was there, it tells all.

That is Pete Rose, and we all know it, but the Hall is about Baseball not about that BS. He played at a level deserving of Hall Recognition. The Peter the person is an A-HOLE, but Pete the player was exceptional.

I hope he comes off sincere and the truth shall set him free. Finally.

J.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrajms
Pete has been his own worst enemy. He is a PR nightmare. His lack of personality and arrogance is unreal. If you ever visited his restaurant in Boca Raton and he was there, it tells all.

That is Pete Rose, and we all know it, but the Hall is about Baseball not about that BS. He played at a level deserving of Hall Recognition. The Peter the person is an A-HOLE, but Pete the player was exceptional.

I hope he comes off sincere and the truth shall set him free. Finally.

J.

You said it. He reminds me of Barry Bonds. He's a great baseball player, but an asshole. You don't get into the Hall for being a nice guy though.

Aaron_01

Banned
Focking shnit, just let the guy in the Hall of Fame. Thats like saying "We're not going to let Mike Tyson in the Boxing Hall of Fame because of his antics" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread