Philadelphia-What to do

mystic1219

Established Member
My wife and I along with another couple will be in Philly for Labor Day weekend. What are some things in town we should see/do:shrug:. Id like to see some of the historic stuff, and am up for some night life also. We may also drive somewhere within a few hours if theres anything close worth the drive. I think we are staying on South 2nd street.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
go to Tony Luke's on Oregon Ave near I95 for the best philly cheesesteak in the city. Otherwise philly sucks.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Man guys philly isn't that bad....stay around olde city (right were you are at) and you'll be fine. I feel safe walking down their. Tons of nice restuarant clubs and galleries. You might want to take a cab to northern liberties. 10 years ago this was a bad neighborhood but now it's all expensive condo's and great places to eat and drink. Standard tap is nice. Damn some of you suburbanites act like it's Iraq. As long as you don't venture into north philly or south west you are fine. You are right in the happening spot and their are a ton of cops down there.

mystic1219

Established Member
this is a MUST place to have dinner.

http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/Philadelphia.htm

It's not cheap, however the food is amazing, my fiance and I drive an hour just to eat here when we can. For night life check out Penn's landing

http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/index.php?module=calendar&image=13c

How much is "not cheap"? Looks like a nice place. Im in the Navy and my ship is gonna be there for the weekend, but my wife is flying up along with some friends so Im taking leave and have a few days to do whatever. Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
How much is "not cheap"? Looks like a nice place. Im in the Navy and my ship is gonna be there for the weekend, but my wife is flying up along with some friends so Im taking leave and have a few days to do whatever. Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

I think for 4 of us to eat with a few beers was right around $240 with tip. The food is amazing, cut the meat right there at the table.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Pats, with it, and the wiz.....FTMFW

I just got back from there, me and the Fiance checked out the Liberty Bell. We also took the ferry across the river and checked out the U.S.S. New Jersey, one of the most decorated battleships in our fleet. I also believe it was the battleship used in the movie Under Siege

There's quite a few landmarks you can check out

Users who are viewing this thread