Phoenix?

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
I'm looking for a community(Forum) in the Phoenix area. You can PM me if that would be better I'm sure LL would give me a bitch smack for having other forums advertised here :fart: I'm currently in the thought process of moving down there within the next 6 months. I've visited a few times before to the area. I have family in that area. I already know that I love the are but it's been a few years since I've visited. I actually just got off the phone with an exgirlfriend that goes to ASU and she was just telling me that right now it is still 104 degrees out. I love that. St. Louis has the most depressing weather for 8 months out of the year.

The only thing holding me back, keeping me in Missouri (missery) is that I just started a Mortgage Company in the past 4-5 months and there is alot of time/money invested in it. I've already made enough to be out of the hole on it, but it would sort of be "time wasted" in a sort, if I just up and walked away from it. I've thought about having one of my loan officers take over here and possibly just starting a branch in Arizona. But after very little research, I've found that Arizona is nothing like Missouri when it comes to getting payed in the mortgage industry. Therefore, it would take alot more money and time to invest starting a branch there. Not to mention that I honestly don't truely trust anyone in my office to ethically continue to run my business the way it should be.

Is anyone on here into the mortgage industry in Phoenix? Also, what are some other good jobs in the area that are in demand. I will be heading down for 10 days to scope everything out but I would like to start my research before hand. Hey, I figure I'm young and single and it's now or never.

Any type of insight would be greatly appreciated guys. Wether it be about the muscle car community, jobs, or just the area in general, I would love to here opinions. Thanks in advance. :beer:

Dave

[email protected]

Last edited:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Me and a few friends frequent car shows and after-car show activities every weekend here. Theres a huge car show at the scottsdale pavillions that starts around 5 PM and afterwards we hang out at Sonic and just chill for a while til we get tired... go for cruises etc... It's really fun you should hook up with us when you get down here.,

What kind of car do you have?

A few local-owned sites to check us out are:
www.saleenpower.com
www.azstreetscene.com
www.1320stangs.com
www.arizonacobras.com

My screename is the same on all of them.

cobraless

Established Member
If you like the sun and the heat this is the place to come. There is also no shortage of women either. But people also love to steal down here, so you have to keep a close eye on your valuables. I'm not sure how hard it is to get into the real estate business, but I know that real estate is a hot commodity here in the valley so I am guessing its pretty competetive. Overall, its a great place to live. Good luck, and welcome to the desert.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
Im in the same situation as you (except the mortgage business and not from Missouri). I really like it there, I just bought a house in Glendale, right now I'm still in Cali, but will be moving by the end of this year, early next year maybe. I love the area, my house is close to the new Cardinals stadium and hockey arena, schools like cc and asu, WOMEN, hot weather, and many jobs from the research I've done... the only thing for me is that I found out it is not wise to say you're from Cali, they strongly dislike us...

NA97GT

Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
Im in the same situation as you (except the mortgage business and not from Missouri). I really like it there, I just bought a house in Glendale, right now I'm still in Cali, but will be moving by the end of this year, early next year maybe. I love the area, my house is close to the new Cardinals stadium and hockey arena, schools like cc and asu, WOMEN, hot weather, and many jobs from the research I've done... the only thing for me is that I found out it is not wise to say you're from Cali, they strongly dislike us...
There are so many people that live that are here from cali its crazy (myself included). I've never met anyone who disliked anyone just because they moved from cali, they must be jealous.

NA97GT

Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
There are so many people that live that are here from cali its crazy (myself included). I've never met anyone who disliked anyone just because they moved from cali, they must be jealous.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Is it me or is it cheaper to live there? I have been looking at property to rent/own and it seems you can get a fairly nice home for rather cheap. You could never find a home this nice for this cheap in St. Louis. And by the research so far, there are PLENTY of homes of equal or lesser value going at the same rate.

Only $1095/mo! Built in 2003. 2600 sq ft 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 story, 2 car garage. I love how in some of the adds I've been looking at, have "grass" like it's an option, that's great

JmVzenFvYECvqo3nDqs4FlI8ChMv.jpg

DYmOia1qX83toLkJEKqkE0OQ6pRu.jpg

ST6OYP2Q0azJNopbzsqDttzLDjWD.jpg

bHVA0yP8M0sJkprMHIkHz77392HU.jpg

METHICAL

Established Member
I personally would never live in PHX. Too damned hot (stays in the mid 90's at night in the summer), too damned crowded, too much traffic, too much crime, too little water. In fact, it's getting that way up north here, except for the heat, the temps are perfect up here. Nevertheless, I plan on leaving this state entirely within a couple years at the most.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
REPOEDsDIME said:
Is it me or is it cheaper to live there? I have been looking at property to rent/own and it seems you can get a fairly nice home for rather cheap. You could never find a home this nice for this cheap in St. Louis. And by the research so far, there are PLENTY of homes of equal or lesser value going at the same rate.

Only $1095/mo! Built in 2003. 2600 sq ft 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 story, 2 car garage. I love how in some of the adds I've been looking at, have "grass" like it's an option, that's great

Not sure of the location but from the price I'll assume it's out of the way or one serious arm loan with a lot down. In the nice areas expect to pay north of 500K for a house that size.

I have lived in the Phoenix area for twenty five plus years and have enjoyed every moment. My wife is second generation native and we have never considered moving out of state. Yeah it's hot in the summer but you are just two short hours away from the cool pines and high elevation. Plenty to do and most of the clubs (AZSnake98 hit the good ones) are friendly and active.

On a side note contact 50BMG on this site, he has a smokin deal on a house he is selling. Best of luck with the decision.

M@

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Snake-Shadow said:
Not sure of the location but from the price I'll assume it's out of the way or one serious arm loan with a lot down. In the nice areas expect to pay north of 500K for a house that size.

I have lived in the Phoenix area for twenty five plus years and have enjoyed every moment. My wife is second generation native and we have never considered moving out of state. Yeah it's hot in the summer but you are just two short hours away from the cool pines and high elevation. Plenty to do and most of the clubs (AZSnake98 hit the good ones) are friendly and active.

On a side note contact 50BMG on this site, he has a smokin deal on a house he is selling. Best of luck with the decision.

M@
Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

About the weather, well, here in the Midwest it gets to about 100-105 with rediculous humidity and incredible heat index's. Atleast in Arizona you can breathe when it's hot out. Here, you don't want to be outside more than the time it takes to get to your car and crank the a/c, otherwise it feels like you're going to suffocate. I have been down there in the summer and absolutely love the weather. I'm one of those people that doesn't sweat a whole lot, I tolerate heat very well. Therefore, I love it!

The home I was referring to was a rental. It was located in San Tan Hieghts community. :shrug: 2340 W Camp River at Hunt Highway/Gary Rd. :shrug: I really have no idea where that is. I'm well aware of Mortgages and ARM's, etc. as I am a mortgage broker. The thing is, is that I will be alot better off just renting for the first two years down there. Financially, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford my taste there at this current time. Especially with starting all over. I am, for right now, looking in the Tempe, or Scottsdale area. I have been up to the higher elevation with the pines, as well as gone as far as to camp in the Rockys. These are more pros to why I am in love with the state.

Unless otherwise advised. Crime, very busy, etc is NOT what I am wanting to look for. Any suggestions? I'm thinking something a little north of Pheonix. I've always lived in slightly rural areas all my life so I would like to keep it that way. And I have to have a garage, I refuse to let my Notch sit out in the sun and get baked/ stolen.

SVT04

Established Member
METHICAL said:
I personally would never live in PHX. Too damned hot (stays in the mid 90's at night in the summer), too damned crowded, too much traffic, too much crime, too little water. In fact, it's getting that way up north here, except for the heat, the temps are perfect up here. Nevertheless, I plan on leaving this state entirely within a couple years at the most.

Prescott is beautiful ,I was there a month or so ago for a job interview. When I flew into Phoenix it was hot ..too hot.Got the rental car and headed out,it was much nicer nearer to Prescott. I turned down the job offer from Yavapai college,they were not able to pay me what I needed to come there. Another factor was the cost of housing,it is nuts there compared to what I am used to. Way too high ,real estate is going nuts there. :burnout:

Last edited:

METHICAL

Established Member
Yes, real estate prices are absolutely stupid here. I wish, oh how I wish I'd bought something when I moved here 3 1/2 years ago, when prices were about a third of what they are now. I don't think a decent house can be had for less than $200k in Prescott any more, and that's for a small, older house.

SVT04

Established Member
METHICAL said:
Yes, real estate prices are absolutely stupid here. I wish, oh how I wish I'd bought something when I moved here 3 1/2 years ago, when prices were about a third of what they are now. I don't think a decent house can be had for less than $200k in Prescott any more, and that's for a small, older house.

Thats true, I would have loved to move there ,the job at the College would have been a good one.The climate would have been a welcome change to what we have at times here. I have a newer home ,and it is worth about $180k Canadian. For a comparable home in the Prescott are I was looking at $250 - $350k in US dollars of course.

I don't understand the reasons for it being so high actually.Where I live in Alberta we have a much stronger economy than Arizona ,which of course is oil driven as well as other things. There is a lot of development here and jobs as well as people coming in for work etc. The housing market is going up but is still relatively affordable when compared to AZ.

I would have had to take an almost $20k drop in annual salary to accept their offer (which apparently for them was higher than usual as they wanted me for the position) ....I made a counter proposal which would have seen me drop only $12K in annual salary compared to what I earn now,and they could not do it. I was disappointed,the prospect of moving there was exciting.

Oh well maybe when I retire....or the person they hire may not work and another opportunity may come up when I can better handle a drop in pay......just couldn't do it now....I do want to retire one day ! :beer:

Last edited:

AZ_Sidewinder

Snakes Rule! (Both Kinds)
Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
its not that we had people from cali, we hate the fact that they are the ones jacking up prices the most in az. anyways, arizona is a great state. the weather is great for 3 seasons and even the summer is not as bad as people say (no humidity). the crime is not as bad as people say either (only car theft in south phoenix and maryvale is really bad)

Users who are viewing this thread