Photos of my '08 Torch Red GT500.

Brian04SVTF

Some of you may have seen my post a couple weeks ago introducing myself to the page, the thread had a lot of pictures of my 2 other vehicles and only a couple of the Shelby so i figured id post up some others i have sitting around. It's a one owner 40k mile Torch Red/Ebony Stripes. Purchased the car exactly as it sits in these photos, only thing i have added is window tint, and a dyno tune. If curious about the tint, it is 18% SunTek Bronze film all the way around. Enjoy these photos.

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7520.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7380.JPG
    IMG_7380.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 196

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My favorite color combo!!

If you need a hood in the future for some reason, I have the Torch Red/Ebony striped hood off of my car (2008) that was changed when it went through Shelby Las Vegas for a Super Snake upgrade, my car had less than 10 miles on it when they changed the hood.

What color interior, the optional Charcoal w/Red inserts? or all Charcoal. Mine is the 2-tone.

R

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase, really nice color. Ebony strips go well with the torch red.

I think those are AMR rims possibly charcoal or black flat?

Got the charcoal on mine with Nitto 555 G2's.

Cheers,
Ray

Brian04SVTF

My favorite color combo!!

If you need a hood in the future for some reason, I have the Torch Red/Ebony striped hood off of my car (2008) that was changed when it went through Shelby Las Vegas for a Super Snake upgrade, my car had less than 10 miles on it when they changed the hood.

What color interior, the optional Charcoal w/Red inserts? or all Charcoal. Mine is the 2-tone.

R

I also have the red/black. Shaker 1000 as well.

RLB01

Established Member
Nice ride, I like the black strips better than white (my car is torch red with black stripes).

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Nice!

The Red/Black interior really makes the Red, Silver and Black cars "pop" on the inside......and the S1000, factory options are always desirable.

Back in 2008, it was either Shaker 1000 or NAV with the Shaker 500 radio, NAV was not available with the S1000. I chose S1000, I was guessing that the media to update the NAV will be long gone in the future..........think 8-Track and cassettes..........while the thumper radio will still be playing it's tunes.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert M, you made the correct move I choose the S500:(

Over the years I have heard some complain about the S1000 also, and then the added weight of the sub and other components.............I would rather have the audio option, and I'm sure future buyers will also.

NAV? My cell phone can do that, or my Garmin and those NAV available devices will be replaced over time and be able to be updated as we move forward, the dash mounted NAV getting updates in the future, highly unlikely once media technology moves on.

R

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Love the color combo, congrats on the car!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I can't tell from the picture angles, but by chance is your 2008 a Sat Radio Delete? 2007 and 2008 were the only two years for that option as a N/C delete and most that I have seen have the Black hockey puck antenna (some call it a pimple or black head) on the trunk lid. I chose a clean "no puck" deck lid for my stripes, but I don't see too many 2007 and 2008's w/o sat. rad. 2009-up, there was no choice, they all got a sat. radio ant.

Over the years I have seen a few forum threads by GT500 owners wanting to relocate that ant., fill the holes on the trunk lid and a spray and restripe.

R

Last edited:

RockyRose

Some of you may have seen my post a couple weeks ago introducing myself to the page, the thread had a lot of pictures of my 2 other vehicles and only a couple of the Shelby so i figured id post up some others i have sitting around. It's a one owner 40k mile Torch Red/Ebony Stripes. Purchased the car exactly as it sits in these photos, only thing i have added is window tint, and a dyno tune. If curious about the tint, it is 18% SunTek Bronze film all the way around. Enjoy these photos.

View attachment 878842
View attachment 878843
View attachment 878844
View attachment 878845
View attachment 878846
View attachment 878849
View attachment 878848

View attachment 878842
View attachment 878843
View attachment 878844
View attachment 878845
View attachment 878846
View attachment 878849
View attachment 878848

Hi I love the color and the wheels. What is the tire set up you have on those wheels? Do you have spacers in the back if so what’s the thickness ?

Users who are viewing this thread