Pic from photoshoot

SOCOMech

Established Member
In my dealings with Rigid Ind. lighting, I was lucky enough to be given a spot in an article and photoshoot for the upcoming innagural edition of 'Offroad Illustrated'. The photoshoot was at the new Lucas Oil offroad track at Firebird Raceway. I just upgraded to an Addictive Desert Design front bumper w/ a 40" Rigid Ind. led lightbar. My previous set up was a 20" and 4 of their "dually" lights and this one 40" is insane. Here's one of the pics that was sent to me.

Flight62.jpg

Whats great about the Raptor is being able to do about 6 of these, then drive home with the steering wheel straight and no pulling:-D

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, I'd love to have a bigass LED bar like that on my Jeep, but they cost more than my entire 3-link front suspension lol.

Truck looks sick, congrats on the pics.

BTW, how hard are the landings on something like that. I know the suspension is designed for it, but it still can't be all that soft. Does the truck ever bounce back up off the ground when it hits or do you ever feel out of control during a landing?

SOCOMech

Established Member
Damn, I'd love to have a bigass LED bar like that on my Jeep, but they cost more than my entire 3-link front suspension lol.

Truck looks sick, congrats on the pics.

BTW, how hard are the landings on something like that. I know the suspension is designed for it, but it still can't be all that soft. Does the truck ever bounce back up off the ground when it hits or do you ever feel out of control during a landing?

Thanks guys! The landings really depend on how high you are, obviously. For the most part, you can feel the suspension doing it's job but you can also still tell that it's 6k lbs. you're hucking through the air. This particular pic wasn't the highest I got.....on one jump, one of the guys taking pics said the bottom of my tires were a good 4 ft. off the ground. On a bigger jump like that, you get one decent bounce after you land but then it settles pretty quickly and goes. You never feel out of control though and the landings aren't hard enough to physically hurt. Jumping it is fun and all but, I really taking it through woop sections....it's AMAZING in that aspect. Here's a vid of me in a woop section in Glamis not too long ago......
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijohgQZ7cd4"]YouTube - Raptor at Glamis[/nomedia]

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Awesome pic and vid... you done a perch adjustment as well??

The black bumper looks great with the Method wheels :D

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thanks guys! The landings really depend on how high you are, obviously. For the most part, you can feel the suspension doing it's job but you can also still tell that it's 6k lbs. you're hucking through the air. This particular pic wasn't the highest I got.....on one jump, one of the guys taking pics said the bottom of my tires were a good 4 ft. off the ground. On a bigger jump like that, you get one decent bounce after you land but then it settles pretty quickly and goes. You never feel out of control though and the landings aren't hard enough to physically hurt. Jumping it is fun and all but, I really taking it through woop sections....it's AMAZING in that aspect. Here's a vid of me in a woop section in Glamis not too long ago......
YouTube - Raptor at Glamis

Good lord, I'm sold. Starting my search for a used Raptor in about a year.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Awesome pic and vid... you done a perch adjustment as well??

The black bumper looks great with the Method wheels :D

No perch adjustment, still on the stock setting. With alot of people doing that now, I kinda like how mine has that hunkered down look in the front, especially with the Method's, it just looks like it's mean.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Oh thats awesome. Gonna put this on the wish list! hahaha

If the 40" is more than you want, they have a 20" that fits perfectly in the stock lower grill opening. Also, if you haven't seen, you can check out svtoffroad.com and fordraptorforum.com as well.

Users who are viewing this thread