Pic Request: 96-98 Fog Light Switch Internals

DTB

Established Member
Ok so I decided to change the bulbs in my fog light switch. Popped the switch out the console & then started to take it apart. As I seperated the switch I guess I am way too strong & the switch blew up in my hand. Needless to say the pieces came out of it and I can't figure out how to put it back together. There's the top with the toggle switch, a small metal piece, a plastic part the toggle switch moves, & the lower half that goes into the harness.

Can anyone take thiers apart & show me how it goes back together? Or tell me how to do it? Im really missing my fog lights. Thanks

Sh!tstang

Established Member
You are better of buying a new switch. I did same thing and never acually made it work.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Should be two metal pieces, they go in the outer grooves. They help keep the switch snapped in the center console. Did the same thing. That's all I remember. Sorry

DTB

Established Member
Should be two metal pieces, they go in the outer grooves. They help keep the switch snapped in the center console. Did the same thing. That's all I remember. Sorry
I have the two metal clips that hold it into the console. This is like a small metal bar that creates a connection when the switch is in the "on" position.

Thanks for all the help fellas. I was doing my LED light swap. Looks so sick

DTB

Established Member
^^^^^^^Yeah bro since u seem to be rolling in them haha. What's it gonna take for me 2 one? Im in cali. Im hoping someone can put up a pic but if not then u may be my best bet

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
This is from a '95 ... it may not be the same.

fog14.jpg

fog15.jpg

Not much of a closeup.

DTB

Established Member
This is from a '95 ... it may not be the same.

fog14.jpg

fog15.jpg

Not much of a closeup.
That's exactly what I need. Except I need you to actually take that switch apart down to where the bulbs are. I need to see how the top & bottom portions go together

stangkid

Established Member
I don't think anyone is going to take theirs apart and take a chance ending up like you needing a new switch.

DTB

Established Member
I don't think anyone is going to take theirs apart and take a chance ending up like you needing a new switch.
I know right. One of my buddies with a 98 was talkn mess 2 me sayn the same thing. Haha. I know someone here likes 2 live life on the edge and can look at there's for me

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^
The pics work perfect for me.
Even his descriptions are good enough alone to follow.

DTB

Established Member
^^^
The pics work perfect for me.
Even his descriptions are good enough alone to follow.

i went back on with a different computer and it worked. im going to try to reassemble mine and hopefully it should all work. i think im missing the small bee bee though. i will keep you all posted since i know everyone is waiting:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread