Pic Request....Black Rims

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Here's the deal I know I want to put black rims on my ZY vert, but I need some ideas. I just bought a KB 2.6, so TF is out of the question after that. Whatever you guys have all blacked out or black face and chrome lips, I'm just looking for ideas.
Thanks!

Slow99x

Established Member
My friend's ZY 03
070-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks, I thought about just powder coating my stockers and putting spacers in the rear.

Slow99x

Established Member
Those are not powdercoated stockers. They are the americanmuscle.com (or similar) replicas with the 10.5 rears. They are pretty inexpensive so you could keep your stockers if you ever wanted to change back.

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
I really like them, I forgot all about Saleem replicas. Color of car doesn't matter, I just wanted to see black rims. Thanks! And Thanks to everyone so far! :beer: Keep them coming!

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Like you I spent most of my money on performance. Still wanted a good looking rim. Had the FR500s on for years and still do but these days they are a little played out but not changing mine. -Shane
IMG_1032.jpg

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks guys.
CobraGuy sick rims, I like...I like alot.
SpeedofSound...harsh, but so very true my friend; CCW's are definitely out the question. Unfortunately for me, I gotta keep Wifey happy. Guilt is a wonderful thing though, after two brand new trucks two yrs in a row (08 Denali and 10 QX 56), I got the KB and now wheels. I can't even imagine what the Cobra would look like it the wife wasn't a car person herself.

Keep em going guys! :beer:

QX56005.jpg

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Like you I spent most of my money on performance. Still wanted a good looking rim. Had the FR500s on for years and still do but these days they are a little played out but not changing mine. -Shane
IMG_1032.jpg

I still like the FR500s, I don't think they are played out. But I'm like you too Shane, when I get these wheels, I'm not changing them. They will just to endure the times. BTW, my hood is painted just like yours...Nice!

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Don't do it. The whole black wheel thing is PLAYED OUT. It's WAY over done.

IMO, nothing else looks good with yellow. Yellow is too bright for chrome and I don't like machine finished wheels. On top of that I have a vert, which already has a black top and I have black stripes comeing off my vents on the hood, I figure black wheels would be the finishing touch.

Users who are viewing this thread