Pic Request MT 295/45's on 17x9" wheels

DSGMach104

Established Member
Looking for input on this size tire with a stock wheel. Trying to see how much it will buldge.

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
:D

it's funny how i just got done telling someone to put a 205/45/17 on a 17x9 and i come here and see this thread. it's crazy how different the scenes are :beer:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
The M/t's are already big tires. i dont see how this could be even remotely safe. oh well. best of luck

DSGMach104

Established Member
I already have the MT ET 275's on the rear of the car now, the fitment actually looks a little narrow compaired to the 275 nitto's up front. I don't think safety will be an issue. I don't take high speed corners with the car and it's not my DD. Thanks for your adivse.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I run the 295/45-17 on a 17x10.5 rim and it sits very nicely.

Just as an FYI, the minimum recommended rim width for that tire from Mickey Thompson is a 9.5 inch rim.

DSGMach104

Established Member
thanks novi, I'm going to get another set of the 275's. Just for kicks what would you think if I widened the wheel to 11" and went with the 335 Hoosiers. I found a guy that would do it for $200 per wheel. I have the stock Tenth Anv. with H&R spacers. I measured it and it would clear.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
thanks novi, I'm going to get another set of the 275's. Just for kicks what would you think if I widened the wheel to 11" and went with the 335 Hoosiers. I found a guy that would do it for $200 per wheel. I have the stock Tenth Anv. with H&R spacers. I measured it and it would clear.

I don't have much experience with the hoosiers, but I know they are supposed to hook really well. The one set I have seen looked pretty questionable if you were looking to drive them on the street at all.

If they can clear, I say go for it. A widened 10th anniversary rim would be bad ass. They are currently starting to offer the knock off versions of the 10th anniversary rim in a deep dish.

Users who are viewing this thread