pic request of mac exhaust sn95

neris

Established Member
i'm having a hard time getting my mac catback to line up right.. it's either too close to the frame rail or control arm. and if it isn't one of those it's vibrating against my lines!

and i'm forced to run it dumped over the axle because once they are on the actual hangers and not hitting the control arm, the tail-pipe on the passenger side is touching the gas tank

it's the newer MAC style with more parts. i think it's 4 each side? (flow tube, muffler/over axle, tail pipe, tip)

i need a pic of how some of you have yours lined up.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I think it might just be MAC fitment. My h pipe vibrated off of my trans support. Sounds great, but it is going to take you some ****ing with it. Might need to go to a muffler shop. And I had dumps, so I didnt have to worry about the catback.

Last edited:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
I know on mine it took me a while to line up then we dropped it and it was hitting the frame. So we threw it back up on the lift and a little adjusting and it's fine now. Not too much work, kinda annoying, but sounds so good. Good luck with yours :beer:

00fobrar

Established Member
I just installed mine. The fitment wasn't great tool alot of patience and tweaking but I finally was able to get it to sit ok. The tips were the other problem the hangers werent bent the same and the tips were way off. I fixed that issues with some 4in tips that I welded on instead. Once it's all on there its diffinately one of the best sounding exhausts I've had. I will try and post a few pics once I get home.

neris

Established Member
im starting to think my x pipe is hung a little high.
i ended up just throwing it back together as it was and gonna deal with it today after work.

Users who are viewing this thread