pic.s of 12 inch K&N

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
with the help of Jessie we now are able to display pictures on the this forum. So here we go ,and everyone say thank you.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mosconiac

Established Member
My '03 has a K&N "RF-1027" (8" tapered conical with 4" inlet & chrome end cap) with the JDM billet adapter.

It fits really well and sounds awesome too!

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
with the help of Jessie we now are able to display pictures on the this forum. So here we go ,and everyone say thank you.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like it. one of the car magazines (sorry don't remember which one) used a 12" filter and they also got really good hp gains.

where would I order one of these and is there and adapter I would need to order too?

Thanks

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Get ahold of Jim or Shaun at JDM they saw my car at Bristol and that 12 inch filter is what they ran a 12.1 with (732) 780-0770:thumbsup:

ho779

Established Member
Ya, what is the exact setup, do you need an adapter, or attachment of some kind? (shoehorn?)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
That has to be resting on the rear of the headlights power plug, the wires and rearmost part of it are 2-3/8 in front of my 9" K&N. Also there is a large bundle of wires to the left fron in the top picture, mine only clears that by about a 1/2".

Did you guys shorten up the upper intake to accomodate it?
I could fit an 11" K&N but not a 12" without modding the upper intake elbow.

fd52f076.jpg

fd52f04b.jpg

Maybe I just have an inferiority complex:cryying: :whine: :(

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I just got off the phone with JDM. The 12" filter required shoe-horning to get it to fit (bending/twisting) in the tight quarters. It didn't sound like the airtube itself was shortened.

JDM is now recommending the use of a 9" filter because of the extreme length of the 12" filter. They offer it with the billit aluminum adapter.

I'll probably either go with this or the amazon kit instead of the UPR. I think the UPR is a great product but I prefer the larger filter from the JDM kits.

Users who are viewing this thread