Picked up 31rwhp from bassani x and catback!

Blades

Established Member
Not to mention, that sweet sweet sound of the bassani. I love this car!!! Dyno graphs coming soon. I have 401.1 rwhp with just exhaust!! :D :D :D :D :D

i'd say more but i wanna drive

03Steve

Established Member
Great numbers! I want to do an exhaust swap like yours, but I'm skittish after doing it to my 98 GT. I put a BBK with cats on, ran like po-po. Used the MIL elims, got rid of the light, still ran like po-po. Got three Q's:

Have you seen the MIL come on?
Did you use the MIL elims?
Does the PCM miss the backpressure?

f4sfed

Established Member
STOP! You're killin' me! I'm waitin' for my Bassani catted X and catback, along with the chip! I picked up 65 rwhp from the 9" air filter and the 2.93 pulley. And I'm now readin' that others have picked up that much in the exhaust and chip. I can NOT imagine picking up ANOTHER 40 (leave ALONE another 60) or so hp! :lol: :lol:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Steve
Great numbers! I want to do an exhaust swap like yours, but I'm skittish after doing it to my 98 GT. I put a BBK with cats on, ran like po-po. Used the MIL elims, got rid of the light, still ran like po-po. Got three Q's:

Have you seen the MIL come on?
Did you use the MIL elims?
Does the PCM miss the backpressure?

I just put on the exhaust last week and I did not use MILs.

So far no check engine lights.

I heard there is a loss of torque because of the missing backpressure at low rpms. I will verify when I redyno.

I have no had any problems with the car since I put the exhaust on.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Congrats! Now you'll really be ready for that Supra! :D

Blades

Established Member
I raced one of the supra's friends today. A talon pushing 20 psi.. I have the video. He was a fast bugger but i snagged him. This was just too much fun tonite.. The talon guy was saying how i'd beat that AL guy from a stop.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
I raced one of the supra's friends today. A talon pushing 20 psi.. I have the video. He was a fast bugger but i snagged him. This was just too much fun tonite.. The talon guy was saying how i'd beat that AL guy from a stop.

Cool! I will have to wait until I am at work to see any vids you post. Dial up sucks. :(

As for racing from a stop -- torque is your friend, not his. :-D

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247

I just put on the exhaust last week and I did not use MILs.

So far no check engine lights.

I heard there is a loss of torque because of the missing backpressure at low rpms. I will verify when I redyno.

I have no had any problems with the car since I put the exhaust on.

If there is a loss of torque, it is not because of backpressure being too low - that is an Internet urban legend based on misunderstanding of the engineering principles. I posted a long explanation previously, if U R interested, search on backpressure.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03

If there is a loss of torque, it is not because of backpressure being too low - that is an Internet urban legend based on misunderstanding of the engineering principles. I posted a long explanation previously, if U R interested, search on backpressure.

I searched on the thread using your nick and the key words "back pressure" and "backpressure" They returned 2 threads that did not have the info.

Blades

Established Member
03cobradynostock.jpg

before

03cobradynoexhaust.jpg

after (running pretty hot too)

and..

exhaustpic.jpg

for those that are interested.

i made some awesome numbers and went up against a turbo 4 running 20 psi.. from a roll.. that was the highlight of the night.. PM me if u want the video. the guy was really cool. And I also saw a black 03 cobra vert that night.. Im really happy with everything.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Whose orange 3000GT stalking your car from behind that tree? ;) :D

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Blade
Whose orange 3000GT stalking your car from behind that tree? ;) :D

thats my friends! Its an SL.. Hes selling it for like 6000-7000. Hes buying a LS1 fbody. Things should get interesting!

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
STOP! You're killin' me! I'm waitin' for my Bassani catted X and catback, along with the chip! I picked up 65 rwhp from the 9" air filter and the 2.93 pulley. And I'm now readin' that others have picked up that much in the exhaust and chip. I can NOT imagine picking up ANOTHER 40 (leave ALONE another 60) or so hp! :lol: :lol:

Damn, you think it's killing you reading this, imagine not getting your cobra anytime soon, like me! :( :-D

Those are some nice numbers, gives me something to shoot for.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades

Where's the Vid, can't wait to view it!

Poison_S

Established Member
Blades, nice numbers before and after the mod. I just did mine over the weekend, so I can appreciate this post.

Man is your car strong (about 18 more HP and 34 more lb-ft of TQ)!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just wondering where you guys are ordering your Bassani cat-backs from and about how much are they going for? Ive seen anywhere from $650 on up..

Users who are viewing this thread