Picked Up A 03 Cobra

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Well yesterday I purchased an 03 Cobra. So far I only have 100 miles on the car. I checked around at my local SVT dealer who is only 10 miles from my house, they had a Yellow Coupe but were looking to gat 5K over msrp. I then checked other SVT dealers and 40 miles away I located a Red Coupe that I was able to get them down to msrp. They initially tried to get 3K over msrp but after asking if I would take delivery by 06/29, I said if you have the car ready in 3 hours, I'll pick it up today. So 3 hours later, I brought it home. I think they were trying to get the sale done by the end of the month so it would count in their total monthly sales to Ford. I think I lucked out there.
The car so far is great. I've been thinking of getting a modern day musclecar for some time now and after seeing this car, I knew it was for me. Not bad for a 48 year old, huh?
Now I just have to get used to the 6 speed since its pretty notchy going thru the gears, but hopefully it will break in nicely.

a94cobra

Established Member
Congrats on the car. And good going on the msrp deal.

After a couple of days, either the shifter is better or I am just adjusted to it. Great car.

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Red Cobra
Well yesterday I purchased an 03 Cobra. So far I only have 100 miles on the car. I checked around at my local SVT dealer who is only 10 miles from my house, they had a Yellow Coupe but were looking to gat 5K over msrp. I then checked other SVT dealers and 40 miles away I located a Red Coupe that I was able to get them down to msrp. They initially tried to get 3K over msrp but after asking if I would take delivery by 06/29, I said if you have the car ready in 3 hours, I'll pick it up today. So 3 hours later, I brought it home. I think they were trying to get the sale done by the end of the month so it would count in their total monthly sales to Ford. I think I lucked out there.
The car so far is great. I've been thinking of getting a modern day musclecar for some time now and after seeing this car, I knew it was for me. Not bad for a 48 year old, huh?
Now I just have to get used to the 6 speed since its pretty notchy going thru the gears, but hopefully it will break in nicely.

Congrats on the car! If you dont mind me asking, but from what dealership did you get your cobra from?

Users who are viewing this thread