Picked up a new CA Special 5.0!

wazslow

Established Member
I will get some better pics up, here is a quick cell phone pic. Its loaded!

CIMG0022.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! Just not sure about the wheels.

Driver72

Established Member
IF the CS edition could come with the Brembo brakes/wheels and option dropping the overly large rear spoiler for the standard GT spoiler, I'd get it too.
Love the front end look and the carbon interior (though it's fake).
Oh one other thing, I'd want to pull off the fake useless side scoops too, they do nothing but look a bit cheesy and add drag.

Now hit up the parts department for the 5.0 badges and stick them below the GT/CS on the fender so you won't have to answer the question "does that have the 5.0 engine" a thousand times.

BTW, did that deal put on there dealer decal on your rear trunk lid? If so, I'd make them take it off immediately and if they scratch the paint they buy you a new trunk.
Or ask them for $500 cash for the advertising. I hate dealers that do that. You don't find ANY dealers who do that in So Cal, they know they'd get creamed for it here. How dare they add a "bumper sticker" to a car that's not theirs.

Last edited:

65mph_Roll

Established Member
IF the CS edition could come with the Brembo brakes/wheels and option dropping the overly large rear spoiler for the standard GT spoiler, I'd get it too.
Love the front end look and the carbon interior (though it's fake).
Oh one other thing, I'd want to pull off the fake useless side scoops too, they do nothing but look a bit cheesy and add drag.

Now hit up the parts department for the 5.0 badges and stick them below the GT/CS on the fender so you won't have to answer the question "does that have the 5.0 engine" a thousand times.

BTW, did that deal put on there dealer decal on your rear trunk lid? If so, I'd make them take it off immediately and if they scratch the paint they buy you a new trunk.
Or ask them for $500 cash for the advertising. I hate dealers that do that. You don't find ANY dealers who do that in So Cal, they know they'd get creamed for it here. How dare they add a "bumper sticker" to a car that's not theirs.

Confirmed from CA - no dealer logo's here, and no window stickers from the government either.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
white is nice on the cs. do you have any interior pics? i'm curious as to how the seats look on the new ones. (i didn't check out the interior on the one at the local dealership, duh)

the wheels look 10x better in person too.

69torino

Established Member
newcarp.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I got a race red one about two weeks ago and by far the nicest car ive ever owned. Traded in 03 cobra and dont regret it at all. Looks good in white, congrats.

Last edited:

Big_Stang

Established Member
I got a race red one about two weeks ago and by far the nicest car ive ever owned. Traded in 03 cobra and dont regret it at all. Looks good in white, congrats.

out of curiosity what made you trade the 03 in?

I had an 03 but sold it and im thinking the new gt would be enough to satisfy me

69torino

Established Member
As much as I loved that 03 I owned it 5yrs ,daily driver with 92,000 miles on it. Ran as good as the day i bought it just got tired of it and wanted something new . Gotta say the new car is better in every respect except neck jarring torque. The new one rides like a lincoln and is just as fast if you keep the rpms up. The two are both great cars but I dont regret swapping for the 11 at all.

Last edited:

tstrick9

Established Member
I like the rims and the spoiler on the cs, but the grill i'm not so sure about.
I sold my 03 Cobra before i got a 2011 5.0, and am very happy with the new car. I miss the supercharger whine, but have replaced it with the 6800rpm howl!

wazslow

Established Member
white is nice on the cs. do you have any interior pics? i'm curious as to how the seats look on the new ones. (i didn't check out the interior on the one at the local dealership, duh)

the wheels look 10x better in person too.

Ill get some updated pics up soon, inlcluding interior pics.

wazslow

Established Member
I got a race red one about two weeks ago and by far the nicest car ive ever owned. Traded in 03 cobra and dont regret it at all. Looks good in white, congrats.

I traded in my 2009 Corvette for this car and dont regret it. I think thats really saying something for this car! The corvette was quicker, but I think this is a much more liveable car for me. I had my corvette for one year, bought it brand new last year, and I only put 1600 miles on it. I put 450 miles on the mustang this weekend alone. Great car!
100_1688.jpg

100_1687.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread