Picked up a new ST this week....

PhantomX

Established Member
Been wanting one of these since I saw them in Europe, since I love yellow I couldn't resist the Tangerine Scream. Right now just some tint and a 12" Alpine sub and amp. So far what a riot to drive, just so much fun. I'm actually already registered for an Autocross event next saturday to go have a little fun with it.

This one will stay mostly stock. Thinking of just the FRPP Stage 1 setup and a good intercooler and just enjoy it.

a couple pics
2A1BF56E-39FC-4902-B38E-2530232A6AA2.jpg

134BE368-8349-41D8-8A04-790BE522EA0A.jpg

Funny5.0

Established Member
I was thinking of trading the L99 in on a Focus or Fiesta ST.
How exactly does the FRPP Stage 1 tune make power for these cars? Does it increase the boost?

PhantomX

Established Member
Yeah more boost, timing, fuel the typical stuff. The FRPP kit is a cai, tuner and exhaust I believe. And it's all warrantied. The inter cooler I can get from Steeda for $500. Not bad about $2k for everything and runs low 13's. Pretty good for a DD.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Are these going low 13's with just that? The majority I see are barely breaking into the high 13's with a good amount more done than that!

PhantomX

Established Member
Yeah pretty impressive little setup. Not really looking to make a drag car out of it by any means, it'll probably never see a pass at a drag strip, i have my Mustang for that. This one I want to autocross a little, and of course I'm a horsepower junkie and i can't leave anything stock lol. This setup should be perfect for auto crossing. I thought about taking the Mustang out as well to some events but it's just to big and to tail happy. The ST should be a blast to road race and the GT a blast to drag race. Best of both worlds.

The Steeda Focus did 13.2 with Stage 3 tune, CAI/pipe, Exhaust and some suspension bolt ons. They were going to go back after a down pipe install and do it again. On drag radials of course.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
nice. im thinking about grabbing one. like seriously thinking about. but now im wondering if i should wait for the 2015..

Users who are viewing this thread