Picked up my Shelby Earlier! Pics inside

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Picked her up earlier today. I don't have time to write up driving impressions because we are going back to pick up an 06 GT vert (loaded) for my mom and a daily driver (Sonic Blue ZX3) for my stepdad. Let me just say the car is very sweet and I will have vids and more pics later tonight or tomorrow.

My shelby with a sick ass grabber orange/white shelby.

Shelby-Day1002.gif

Shelby-Day1001.gif

Shelby-Day1006.gif

Shelby-Day1003.gif

Shelby-Day1022.gif

Shelby-Day1020.gif

Shelby-Day1013.gif

Shelby-Day1014.gif

Shelby-Day1038.gif

Here she is with the dirty cobra. Bye cobra, you will be missed. :(

Shelby-Day1028.gif

Shelby-Day1032.gif

Shelby-Day1036.jpg

*edit

OK, driving impressions time...I put about 100 miles on the car today. The car would not get into boost until after I drove around for the first 5 miles, like the book said; but now it is can get into boost when I start the car.

I guess the easiest way to do this is to compare it to my stock 04 cobra vert. First things first, the power. I didn't romp on the Shelby much since I want to break her in a little bit. When I did get on it, the power is very smooth and linear. It pulls much harder up top that my cobra and has a very similar torque kick down low. I would say all in all right now the Shelby would pull 3 cars on the cobra from a 40-100 kick, I am sure with some more miles it will spread the gap.

Ride & Handling: The ride on the Shelby is very smooth, much too soft for my liking. It rides like a Cadillac. The car is very nimble though...much easier to toss around tight corners than my cobra. You don't feel the extra weight at all, in fact if feels lighter from a sense of tossability. (don't flame, it's true; maybe because of the better suspension???) I took a couple of wide sweeping turns that has posted limits of 35 mph that I easily passed through at 70, accelerating to 90 (part throttle) at the end. The grip was phenomenal, I do feel I could have made the exact same maneuver in my cobra, as well. Tight turns is where the Shelby has a huge advantage, the steering feel is much better and doesn't have any sloppiness and play like my cobra had. Going around a tight turn in my cobra, I felt the entire car just begging to do weird things. Although I felt very comfortable making any turn in my cobra, since I was very in tune with the car, more so than I am with the NEW Shelby. You can definitely feel a solid axle in the back, but it feels a million times better than any 04 or older solid.

Braking: I didn't really hop on the brakes in the Shelby because I want to bed the pads in properly...from what I did use of them, I can sure say the felt nice and very controllable...a nice firm pedal. The brakes on my cobra were really good, especially after new pads are put in...when the pads are 1/2 worn the brakes felt very unforgiving and not predictable.

Fit and Finish: all panels line up on my Shelby, my rear bumper is very slightly off, but the dealer is going to adjust it in a few days and touch up a little spot where it looks like dirt was under the paint when the sprayed it. The interior of the Shelby is miles above the cobra, everything fits properly and is of the top quality. The seats aren't as supportive as the cobras, but they are 100000x more comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem taking this car on a 2500 mile trip. It takes bumps like a champ.

I guess that's pretty much it. We just parked my moms brand new tungsten 06 vert(0%/60 months; thanks ford) in the garage, the Shelby gets parked outside. lol I need to "borrow" the keys to the GT and take her for a spin. lol

Feel free to ask any questions you'd like.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
ah shissa

very sweet! congrats

excellent color combo

but you guys are right about the orange with the white stripes> orange w/grey stripes

bluestreak89

Established Member
I think I may like the stripes better if they were black but I love the car nonetheless. Cant wait to see some vids and mods. Make sure you keep us updated on your progress.

slowtealz28

Established Member
Awesome car and color, same color my dad has on order but god knows when the thing will finally come in. You'd think they'd put some tire shine on those tires for you. Anyone else think those orange colored shelby's are going to be the most rare?

Users who are viewing this thread