Picked up some hidden power !!!

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
My previous dyno numbers were 426 rwhp 444 rwtq ( 3 months ago)
and the car would fall on its face in some of third and 4th in street races and at the track .

Heres the thing .. for MONTHS i have been running with NO heat exchanger flow (yikes)... .. my damn pump that pumps the fluid through the blower ect... i just never realised it but litteraly when the car was running for even a half hour .. the reservior wasnt even bubling and you could open it while the car runs and stick your finger in it and its cold fluid. The Charge temps where almost 200 degrees on romp- even at idle about 160 ish ..

So i was geting a tune today and the first 2 pulls it made even less then before 420 rwhp and 440 rwtq .. .. it was pulling mad timing from the crayz heat esspecially the more load put down . so we searched the car and found that the plug for the heat exchanger plug wasnt connected .. so clicked it in and started flowing right and then my idle temp went down to 120 .. did a couple of pulls and it made 454 rwhp and 483 rwtq and didnt pull timing . so i that explains my mysterys with the car ..

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
kool Ill Let ya know when i go to the track next for sure. im ectied to go out and see a difference.. last time i was out there i ran ok times but my trap was way lagging I have a set of bald Nitto's and i never really got great launchess from minor spin.. but i hit 2.0 60' 12.2 @ 115 then with a 1.9 i hit 12.1 3 times in a row with 109 trap !! haha i traped 110 stock haha . i traped 111 108 and 113 all 12 1's it would rip in the low gears then high 3rd and 4th were just boggin , so now i have figured out my heat soak problem and ill have a new set of tires so i wanna go into the 11's as far as possible . (the first time i was pullied before a few set up changes i traped 120) not these lame low traps haha So im stoked.. this new power was done on 17 degrees of timing consistant .. when it was bogging before this new tune it would pull timing down to 14 degrees . We also dide a 100 octane tune set @ 21 degrees of timming yesterday but i didnt have the money for a full tank of 100 so we didnt get to see what its making on that.

tbizzle

Established Member
kool Ill Let ya know when i go to the track next for sure. im ectied to go out and see a difference.. last time i was out there i ran ok times but my trap was way lagging I have a set of bald Nitto's and i never really got great launchess from minor spin.. but i hit 2.0 60' 12.2 @ 115 then with a 1.9 i hit 12.1 3 times in a row with 109 trap !! haha i traped 110 stock haha . i traped 111 108 and 113 all 12 1's it would rip in the low gears then high 3rd and 4th were just boggin , so now i have figured out my heat soak problem and ill have a new set of tires so i wanna go into the 11's as far as possible . (the first time i was pullied before a few set up changes i traped 120) not these lame low traps haha So im stoked.. this new power was done on 17 degrees of timing consistant .. when it was bogging before this new tune it would pull timing down to 14 degrees . We also dide a 100 octane tune set @ 21 degrees of timming yesterday but i didnt have the money for a full tank of 100 so we didnt get to see what its making on that.

sweet! can't wait to see your new times. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread