picked up the 03! (photos)

mike99

Established Member
I usually post on BON but think this board is pretty cool - especialy the 03 forum. Anyway, I took some photos of the 03 I just picked up and thought I'd cut & paste my post here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picked up the 03 (silver coupe) and put some pictures up on Webshots: http://cards.webshots.com/cp-28181124-UDSw-album/41693158qgkAoN
The car is awesome! TONS of torque! The clutch is a lot stiffer than the 99. The shifter is tighter than a stock 99 shifter but it sometimes feel like it can't find the gear you want. Aftermarket shifter needed. The exhaust is quiet but it allows you to hear the blower. The blower sounds sweet! Blower noise is a huge plus!

On a side note, when the car first came in a few days ago and I checked it out I noticed it had 34 miles on the odometer. There was a sticker on the window saying 19.9 miles were put on at the factory. Nobody could say for sure where the other 14 miles came from. I said fine but I don't want another single mile put on - no one is to drive the car. The salesmen gives me his word. When I go to pick the car up, I check the odometer - 41 miles Now I'm pissed. I take another look at the tires and see that there's some wear on them. Not much, but most of those little dots on inside part of the tire are worn off...Salesguy is turning red... Seems the only time the keys were out of the managers office was this morning when Service had the car (apply paint sealant) for about 3-4 hours. They're looking to see who drove it and claim the violation is grounds for dismissal. Salesmanager says I can have my money back if I want (yeah right). I let of some steam at them for a few minutes. They're ordering me a set of Cobra floor mats to say they're sorry... I'll call them tomorrow to see what they found out. We went and looked at another 03 that just cam in to compare, a red convertible with just 9 miles - tires were perfect. Only other thing we noticed was one of the front headlights had a couple of scratches and some condensation inside... They're ordering a new light to replace.

Again, the car is a blast. Different personallity than the 99. This one is more of a bruiser. The 99-01 have their own strenghts thought... It's all good!

B

blown03cobra

U really like Silver.... I dont blame you :D that ride is Sweeeet. Could you do me a HUGE favor and take a look and let me know how hard you think it would be to remove the windshield washer fluid tank and hoses and what processes would be involved in doing so???? Im going to remove it to save on some weight, also do some other weight saving mods so I would really appreciate it. Have a great one and get off the computer and go enjoy your new baby :beer:

mike99

Established Member
Nic,

It's 11:20 pm - I 'm getting ready to go to bed! I did run out to the garge and looked at the windshiled washer resevoir. It right next to the battery, inside the fender. I would not try and remove it- looks like a PITA. Just use up the fluid and don't refill it! It's a little plastic tank that doen't weight anything!

B

blown03cobra

Hey, thanks for checkin that out for me..:thumbsup: I was going to do that neways but i figured if it was easy that i would go ahead and do it.:beer:

C_Record

Established Member
I prefer black but that silver looks great. Especially without the spoiler. Congrats on your new ride.

2003BLKSVTCOBRA

Established Member
When I recieved my car it had 30.8 miles on it and I asked why it had so many. You all have mentioned stickers on the cars saying just how many miles it had when it left the factory. What sticker are you refering to? I'm curious to know why I had so many miles on mine.

pig4bill

Did they gig you badly on the price? Every dealer in the Bay Area seems to want to get rich on these cars. I even found one in Sacramento that wanted $55,000. (you read correctly, no typo there)

mike99

Established Member
pig4bill,

I got it for MSRP from Swanson Ford in Los Gatos. I had to work them a bit to get it for that 2 months ago when I ordered it. The salesman I got it from is the same guy I bought my 99 from - he went to bat for me with the owner Steve Swanson. Fremont Ford was said to be doing deals at MSRP at that time so they decided to match it. There's no way they would do MSRP today. When I went to pick up the car a sales manager was freaking out that I got it for MSRP. He pleaded that I sign the papers as quick as possible to get the car off the lot and asked that I please not tell anyone. He didn't want the other salesguys to find out since they all have customers trying to get one at MSRP...

BTW, do not deal with Towne ford in Rewood city! About 3 months ago I had a deal over the phone for MSRP with the GM there. When I went down to put a deposit they wanted 5K over! Talk about bait and switch....

Users who are viewing this thread