Picked up the '93 Cobra finally

shanesimps

Established Member
I recently picked up a '93 Cobra with 45k miles!

Would it be lame to put on the Saleen Stern Wheels like in the pic below? I know most will say "keep it stock" but I don't care for the wheels on there now, especially because they are chromed. Any suggestions for other wheels!?! I am looking for some and plan on doing a 5-lug conversion soon.

p1020506kx4.jpg

90sc1220220800qs2.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Congrats man. I hope to someday make a thread with the same title. Any mods to the cobra? How much did she set you back? Most up some more pictures if you got any.

To each their own, but I don't like any wheels on 93 Cobras, except for the 93 Cobras. I'm not a fan of the chrome ones either. Maybe you can find someone with regular ones that wants to trade?

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
Congrats man. I just picked up a teal with 34,000 miles on her. I personally like the polished wheels. I have them on mine. Im sure you could make a trade and come put good, but I think they look great on your red 93.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Holy crap .. I am so jelous of all your cars! Congrats on the new cobra!

As for the wheels, if they are replicas then I would rip them off and put something else on. If they are the original wheels that have been chromed then I would hang on to them (store them if possible) and get some wheels of your choice. I think you will find that a majority of people on this board would say to keep the cobra wheel design, maybe get rid of the chrome though. Congrats again.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Go with the Sterns or something else. Make it yours, give it some personality over the rest of the stock cobras. Personally, I appreciate something that someone has added a bit of their own "flare" to, as opposed to keeping it completely original. You can always take it back to stock if you get to that point.

racerbox77

Established Member
I bought my car with 47k on it and factory chrome wheels. I sold the wheels to someone on this forum and did the 03 Cobra 5 lug upgrade and put some 18" Sterns on it. Ive gotten tons of compliments since and it stops great too.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I am in the same minority as you.... I HATE the stock 93 Cobra wheels. To me just about any other factory ford wheels would look better.

If you want to stay with a Ford & SVT wheel... I think the polished 01 Cobra wheels look good so do the 03 Cobra and 98 Cobra wheels.

I think a set of the optional 05/06 Ford GT(40) wheels in 18x9 would look awesome on a 93 Cobra.... I have yet to see them on a Fox. I have seen some on the SN95 cars.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Nice car(s). I agree, Im starting to not care about the stock wheels either, just like I dont care what others think a '93 cobra "should be".

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Did the same thing to mine. The 13" brake/5 lug upgrade makes a huge difference.
That setup looks amazing! Those are 18s im assuming? 17s are looking dated these days. I really like your setup with the big brakes. Its lookn KILLER dude!!

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I dislike the factory stockers in chrome, but prefer them in the original paint over any other wheel. They are one of the things that make the 93 Cobras, IMO.

However, the stern wheels are a VERY nice alternative.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The only thing I like about the stock 93 wheel is that it's unique. Asside from that, they're too narrow, the offset is all wrong (IMO), and they just scream "regular". It's too early in the game to be worried about keeping the car original. Give it personality, make it yours, make everyone on the block stop and stare. You don't get that with stock wheels. And if you think you do, wait till you put something really nice on there. You'll have people causing accidents just trying to have a look.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
WHOA! Another score for you! Congrats. I love the 93 Cobra. Its what got me crazy about Cobras and eventually led me to an 03.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Nice car and congrats!

I agree to their own, it is YOUR car and it should be YOUR personalization. I drive mine (although not daily), show mine, road course it and drag race it. I think the SVT engineers would be happier seeing it put to use than sitting in a warehouse with an original window sticker still on it!

Users who are viewing this thread