Picked up the Cobra yesterday and drove it home...

MongoCobra

Established Member
So I flew down to Virginia yesterday and picked up the Cobra. Great car, got to know it somewhat on the 35o mile ride home. Some complaints that I am hoping to mod away:

1- feels like I have to reach to shift, just ordered the MGW handle so hopefully that is the fix. after install I will see if I need the Pro 5.0 or other shifter.

2- the driveline clunk which doesnt sound like it can be fixed, just have to accept.

3- I had a real problem with the seat, it was a 6 hour trip and it felt like there was a bar across my shoulders. I tried to adjust it in many different ways but still couldnt get comfortable. I'm not a huge guy so I'm hoping I just have to get used to it. Does anyone know if the rear part of the seat can be adjusted upwards so that the shoulders are higher?

thank god it didnt have the driveshaft vibration or the alignment problem.

thanks to Cobra'03 for checking out the car prior to my arrival

can anyone help on the seat thing and will the MGW handle solve my shifter reach problem?

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Welcome to the Jungle...Congrat's!

The seat will break in. Adjust the LUMBAR all the way down.
After 1,000 miles, WITH NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH THE CAR, I love the seats. At first I had same impression as youself.

The Shifter will help. I changed to the Pro 5.0 and just ordered
the MGW handle, plus the fuel door.

Good luck!

Mac03Cobra...

Cobra'03

Established Member
Mongo: Glad it worked out for you - the dealership called me to thank me for hooking yall up - I thought the car drove sweet, but glad to hear it held up on the long drive home. The clunk is affected by driving style and skill with the stick. I have gotten to the point where it is smooth as silk under 99% of conditions. Best of luck with your baby. Adjust the bottom and seatback bolsters all the way out - still snug, but it does open up a bit over time. You will love the MGW handle. Check my sig for other Cobra'03 approved tweaks and mods.

MongoCobra

Established Member
Just ordered the UPR CAI and the MGW handle so far. will see if the handle does the trick or if I will need the Pro 5.0 also.

Now just working on selling my '99 LS-1 Camaro and then comes the Magnaflow exhaust with the catted X pipe.

Maybe flames on the side too:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread