picking up 03 KB Cobra the 6th

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
New here, figured I'd say hello. Signed up to search for a terminator(*edit), and I've found one. Flying to Miami on the 6th to pick it up and make the drive back. Planning to stop in at HP Performance outside of Jacksonville, Fl where the car was originally tuned and have the SCT touch screen extreme installed (figure the last 13hr drive from here gives me plenty of time to monitor everything better) and the maps from the xcal3 swapped over. Then strap to the dyno just to see what it puts down for myself :banana:

Live in Carthage, which is about 3hrs out from both houston and dallas, so I'll definately be making it those directions occasionally. Used to come to dallas often for meet/eat/greets when I had my Z28.

Have a few goals for the car over the next couple months. Probably get with HPP on building the motor with better internals/heads/cams, adding meth injection, removing the nitrous setup (50shot) currently on it, a solid axle swap, and a few other odds and ends. Wanting to get 750+ out back with the KB 2.2l. If I can I'll keep the 2.2, if not I'll just jump to the mammooth.

So anyways, hello all :beer:

Last edited:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
welcome.

first, please don't call it a termi.

as for 750hp with a 2.2 you'll need a shot of nitrous for that. for the engine work, hpp is the best choice in my opinion.

enjoy your cobra.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
welcome.

first, please don't call it a termi.

as for 750hp with a 2.2 you'll need a shot of nitrous for that. for the engine work, hpp is the best choice in my opinion.

enjoy your cobra.

gotcha..

I think I can get there with the meth, but, will wait and see. HPP was the highest recommended if I wanted to go further with it.

Plan too! Never actually been the biggest fan of mustangs or convertibles, but always loved the 03-04's. Should be a fun toy for awhile.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
man carthage is a long drive from dallas just for a gtg. anyway be sure to post some pictures and numbers once you get the meth kit installed, i'll be interested to see what kind of hp it makes.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
I'll have a ton of pictures and videos (love taking pictures). As for dyno results with the meth, probably have HPP do it along with building the motor. Will definately post the results though.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
As for the driving to dallas, have friends up there I visit every couple of months. as well as in houston/baytown/beaumont. Then one on past in victoria I travel to see occasionally. On the rare occasions I do get days off, i like to go other places than home.

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
My little Brother is a Radio Personality on KGAS 104.3 fm in Carthage.
He does the "Swap Shop" every morning, and covers all the sporting events.
Good luck with the Car, and Hpp will build you a beast if you want one.

Also ,
Welcome to the site.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
Awesome. I actually listen to swap shop regularly. And I've already gotten with HPP on a couple estimates. Looks like I might just go on up to a 2.8 KB. The wait til thursday is killing me though!

stangliter04

Established Member
Awesome. I actually listen to swap shop regularly. And I've already gotten with HPP on a couple estimates. Looks like I might just go on up to a 2.8 KB. The wait til thursday is killing me though!

Look into Gearheads as well! Andy Moye is tuning for them now and he's top notch. :beer:

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
Went good. Few issues but nothing too major. Going to go ahead and take it up to HPP tomorrow or wednesday evening and let them play with it some more.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
Here's a few I took once I got it home. Took it up to HPP tuesday night. Will be there the next couple months. Stroker shortblock, heads/cams, KB 2.8H, return style fuel system, pro level axle shafts, and a couple other little odds and ends being done.

cobra.1.JPG

cobra.2.JPG

cobra.3.JPG

cobra.4.JPG

cobra.5.JPG

shftn6

mystichrome vert.
Established Member
looks good:thumbsup: What are you doing with the 2.2 and any other aftermarket parts you replace?

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
HPP is selling the 2.2, BAP, and etc, along with the stock shortblock (41k miles). Might get with them and ask about it.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
so you brought it home and took it straight to hpp and dropped it off for 2 months? damn. should be fun when it's finished though. are those wheels 17 or the aftermarket 18's? if they are 18's would you be interested in selling or trading them?

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
they're 17's. though i didn't ask the guy and he didn't say, but think they're 10.5 or 11" wide in back. the 315's out back sit flush with no bulge outside the rim whatsoever.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
And yeah, figured I'd go ahead and do what i wanted done to it before i got used to having it all the time. if i got used to it, would be alot harder to let it go for a couple months for work. And it will definately be a blast once its done. Aiming for at least low 700's on pump gas. Trying not to get hopes too high, but probably actually be in the 750 range. We'll see within a couple months though!

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf_5s8_yjT0"]YouTube- 03 Cobra Dyno[/nomedia]

short dyno pull. 530rwhp and 570rwtq @ 4800 RPM

Users who are viewing this thread