chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Anything in particular I should look for? Listen for? etc etc
Its a 2001, 35k miles, Bone stock! :coolman:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
listen for anything but the whine of the blower. oh, and the slight ticking that you will hear is the coil packs, so no worry there.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Congrats bro!:thumbsup:

The first thing I would do is change the plugs or at the least make sure that they are all tight.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
chevytosvt said:
Anything in particular I should look for? Listen for? etc etc
Its a 2001, 35k miles, Bone stock! :coolman:

Look for rubber chunks or debris under the rear wheel wells, that will help tell you if it's been beat on by doing line lock burnouts. Also look for noises or vibrations at certain speeds. I personally will not except a vehicle with any cigarette burns in the interior, but if you're a smoker, you might not care about that!

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
good advice from everyone, but u forgot to tell him to look for his pockets to get empty from mod bug when it bites. lol

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
listen for anything but the whine of the blower. oh, and the slight ticking that you will hear is the coil packs, so no worry there.
The coil packs dont tick:dw: the injectors do tho
Good luck with the truck man, your gona love it

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
lightninmike said:
The coil packs dont tick:dw: the injectors do tho
Good luck with the truck man, your gona love it

haha, The whole ride home I was wondering what that ticking was :p No rubber under the rear wheels, A slight vibration at around 65 mph, taking it in tomorrow to have the wheels re rebalanced. I will definitely check the spark plugs, what are the torque specs for them? Pics Incoming :rockon:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Bro, if your hearing ticking in the passengers compartment I wouldn't drive it another foot until I checked the plugs to make sure they are tight. The injectors shoudn't be loud enough to hear inside the truck.

I forget the torque spec on the plugs, but do a search and you should be able to find that #.

I'd just be to nervous about shooting a plug. Repairing it can be crazy cash.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Bro, if your hearing ticking in the passengers compartment I wouldn't drive it another foot until I checked the plugs to make sure they are tight. The injectors shoudn't be loud enough to hear inside the truck.

I forget the torque spec on the plugs, but do a search and you should be able to find that #.

I'd just be to nervous about shooting a plug. Repairing it can be crazy cash.

I hear ya..Will check that today..:thumbsup:

SVT Knight

Established Member
check tires....... and when i say that i mean where to get some, cuz ur gonna need new ones the day after!!!!:banana: :banana: Congrats!!

Last edited:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
SVT Knight said:
check tires....... and when i say that i mean where to get some, cuz ur gonna need new ones the day after!!!!:banana: :banana: Congrats!!

Har har, I hear ya!! :rockon: The ticking im hearing is definately the injectors, I am checking the plugs also..They look like a major PITA! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread