Pics for you interested in H&R Springs

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Pics for people interested in H&R Springs

Here are some pictures of my car stock, then with H&R Super Sport Springs and MM Polyurethane Spring Isolators on the front and rear, and then finally pics without any Spring Isolators.

That way you all can gauge what looks best for you and go however low you want to go. I like the one w/o isolators, think it looks and rides awesome. And around me, I dont scrape anywhere, so that works too.

Stock:
before01.jpg

before02.jpg

before03.jpg

H&R Super Sports w/ MM Spring Isolators:
after01.jpg

after02.jpg

after03.jpg

H&R Super Sports w/o any isolators:
hr1.jpg

hr2.jpg

hr3.jpg

hr4.jpg

Last edited:

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Looks good bro! These pics are pushing me closer and closer to ditching my eibachs and going to H&R's. You say you have no problems running without the isolators? What about road noise/vibration?

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Pictures look good but where you have your front tag is really blocking the air to cool your HE..........

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Originally posted by RedSquad7
Looks good bro! These pics are pushing me closer and closer to ditching my eibachs and going to H&R's. You say you have no problems running without the isolators? What about road noise/vibration?

There is no noise and vibration from not running the isolators. The only thing is its lower and is more prone to scraping, but I dont have that problem either since theres no harsh dips or giant speed bumps around here.

Bad03- It doesn't seem to be making a huge difference in how much air the HE is getting. Its sorta like the back of the car how the wind just wraps around it. Even after putting that front tag on, I found a dead bug directly behind it. So it is getting air- granted not as much- but it is. And the fluid temps are staying about the same.

Last edited:

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Your car looks amazing... just have a few questions. What shocks are you using? Do you have CC plates? If you had a shop install the springs... how much was it for everything installed?

I've always been a fan of the H&R Springs... and those pics just persuaded me to lower my car.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Looks great w/o and nice place for car plate realy don't have to drill the pumper:thumbsup:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Shop shouldn't charge more than $250 for spring install, thats the max I would pay. We did em so that was free.

Im using the stock Bilstein shocks, they work great. No need to change them. The ride is awesome with them, firm yet not hard and bouncy. And as for CC Plates- dont need them. You can see that my front camber is a little off, but not much at all. I dont think the CC plates are worth the extra money and hassle when aligning.

Brad

Banned
They're easy as pie to install, but don't be fooled, if you hit a small bump in the road your K-member will feel the roads fury.

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Looks awesome!:beer:

Do you have 18's on the car? I'm considering springs or coilovers in the future.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Does anybody have a link to a good write up, with pictures, of a spring install. I've done my own exhaust work... and I helped a buddy do a engine swap before... I've never dealt with springs before though.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have the H&R's with urethane isolators and they don't do the car justice. Wish I had not put the isolators on, I swear the car is about .75" higher with them. IF you go with them use stock isolators or none at all IMO.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
And are CC Plates something I can add later on down the road... or is it easier to just install them while you're removing the stock springs?!?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You will need to disassemble the front struts for the CC plates so if you're going to do it, during the spring install is the time...

jguerrero

Established Member
Thanks for posting the pics, Im going with the H&R SS's also as soon as my 18''CCW's come in. I was undecided whether or not I wanted to use the stock insulators or go after market. You just made up my mind.
I like the lower look of the stock insulators.
:thumbsup:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments! :)

Im not running any spring isolators at the moment. Not even the stock ones. I would imagine it would be halfway between the aftermarket ones and the way it is now. But right now looks just perfect and I wouldn't put the stockers back. But if you live in an area thats got harsher roads, you might want to so you can still go fairly low but giving you that lil extra clearance.

Thanks on the tags too! :) I was surprised I got it, I still get a lot of questions on how it passed through the DMV, I don't know, but it did and thats all I care about! :)

No those aren't 18s. They're just 17 inch stock 03 wheels up front and 17x10.5 AFS wheels on the rear. I was kinda tired of the Chrome so I traded and got the rears. Figured when I did get aftermarket wheels, Id go with the CCW or SSRs. So in the meantime, used these, still looks awesome and a lot better stance to it.

Glad you all enjoyed the pics, figured so with all the questions on different springs and how each person's H&R drop differs from the other- I think most of that has to also do with isolators being used and whether they are used at all.

Users who are viewing this thread