Pics of gauges mounted outside on the cowel

97SVTStang

Established Member
Does anyone have any pics of gauges mounted outside the car on the cowel? I can't stand not know what my fuel psi is when I am on the bottle and I cant afford the 200 bills to buy the electric gauge to put inside the car so I need something that will hold me over untill I can afford it. I came across a friend of mine who is selling his mechanical fuel psi gauge. I know I have seen fox body stangs with the gauges moutned outside the car and they look good. But I am afraid that they look good on a fox body cause of the boxy styling and that race look the fox's have. I am afraid are cars are too smooth flowing to pull it off.

Let me know what you all think and hook me up with some pics if anyone has them.

juicedgt02

Established Member
just get the isolator and u can mount that gauge inside so noone takes/breaks it. Thats what I am doing as I got a great deal on couple of gauges. :beer:

97SVTStang

Established Member
That isolater is what makes the fuel psi gauge so much isnt it? According to Jegs that isolator kit is 95 bills. Still tight on my budget when the guy is selling me his gauge with a mounting cup for only 30 bills. 30 bills or a 130 bills, right now with my money being so tight 30 bills sounds alot better than 130 bills. Plus I am not worried about it getting stolen the car is kept in the garage and it is always in plain view where I park at work, plus if it gets stolen I am only out 30 bills.:shrug:

Last edited:

Herrcomestroubl

Established Member
Theres this 1... and theres another in my Sig.
13779Untitled-4-med.jpg

I had to mount mine on the side... because the Cobra RR hood is not a lift off.. and if I had the guage mounted right in front of the cowl, the hood wouldnt open... I dont have a problem with the way it looks.. and as far as some1 stealing it.. I dont know to many people that carry around a sawzall in their pocket. Mine is mounted with SS steel line.... would be pretty hard to take off... just my .02 :)

Users who are viewing this thread