biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car. Love the black interior. What do you have planned for the new toy? -J

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well, I'll probably clean the paint up first, it has been outside for a while and the paint has faded some. Then I plan on adding headers and an X-pipe and a cold air intake and maybe a chip for starters. I spent most of my money on buying the car, so mods will have to be made as the cash comes in. Any other suggestions on low-buck mods would be great. Thanks!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Orion1123 said:
Well, I'll probably clean the paint up first, it has been outside for a while and the paint has faded some. Then I plan on adding headers and an X-pipe and a cold air intake and maybe a chip for starters. I spent most of my money on buying the car, so mods will have to be made as the cash comes in. Any other suggestions on low-buck mods would be great. Thanks!

I always think this mods list is nice:
1) Repro window sticker and SVT certificate---it is a limited Cobra
2) Gears (done)
3) Shifter (Pro 5.0 or new MGW)
4) subframe connectors (full-length MM)
5) CB exhaust (are the flows welded into the factory CB, or full 2.5" back?)
6) Aluminum driveshaft (nicer on highway, add a loop if you race)
7) AFM powerpipe cold-air
8) Headers (had Mac, BBK, and Kooks on my '91--the Kooks are the sh*t but for a street car I loved the 1 5/8 longtubes with matching shorty H)
9) Alternator upgrade w/ electric fan

Spending other peoples $$$ is fun :beer:
Seriously though, that list makes for a much more enjoyable street car and can be added over time.
Good luck. -J
:burnout:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Lee said:
Keep the mods tastful, and easily returnable to stock, and the cars value will hold up.
Definitely true. I would always keep a low-mileage very near stock. If its a driver, I think any tasteful mods (plus keeping the stck parts) won't hurt the car's value. A '93 Cobra will always hold its value in my opinion. :beer:
-J
:coolman:

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
I picked it up for a little under 11K. I flew from Ohio to Georgia to pick it up, too. But it's the car I've wanted for years, and finally got!

Users who are viewing this thread