pics of my tri-ax with the stock boot and knob

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
For those of you that are interested in the appearance of a tri-ax with the stock boot and knob, here they are..

shifter1_sm.jpg

and

shifter2_sm.jpg

I also did Cobra03's mcmaster mod. It eliminated a lot of the vibration and noise.

These pics were taken with the handle in the lower bolt holes.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Dude, thanks for the picture album. I've got all your pics in my little slide show program for a screen saver. I've got a black coupe arriving this week (I HOPE :mj: ).

One question: is that your daughter on the steps in one pic? She looks like she's a little confused by Daddy's new fascination. :-D

passengers_side_rear.jpg

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
lol, that is my gf. Im 22 and so is she. She was probably bored after watching me wash my car for the last1-2 hours.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
lol, that is my gf. Im 22 and so is she. She was probably bored after watching me wash my car for the last1-2 hours.

LOL! My bad, I apologize. But I understand, I'll be detailing mine like that when I get it home as well.

:thumbsup:

Great looking black coupe.

EasyMoney

Established Member
I did the tri ax with the handle in the top holes the boot looks good with not many wrinkles and works real good.sorry no digital camera or i would take pictures:cryying:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Do you have any noise? I was driving today with my wife and had the radio off and relized mine is now completely silent. I remember it making some noises for the first couple miles, but now they are all gone.

Have fun.

my03svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
22 What are you paying for insurance ?
im 32 im going to be paying 1025.00 six months

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
my03svtcobra you are being robbed. I am 26 with 2 kids and a house and I pay Progressive 600 for the Cobra and 600 for my MDX. But it might just be the area you are in NJ and I am in FL, but I can't see FL being that much cheaper. We can't even buy house insurance any more only through the state.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by my03svtcobra

22 What are you paying for insurance ?

3400/year.

It going to drop a large amount in November because I will be a 6+ year driver.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by slow lane
It's good to be old.

$440 / 6 months, $8 / per month while in storage for the winter.

Hey Slow Lane... who are you going through?

I'm actually paying $417 / 6 months... I'm 29 yrs. old, married with one kid. My Wife and I work at the same location so her KIA is our "work" vehicle, and the Cobra is the "pleasure" vehicle - but I don't have any mileage limitations.

Interesting because I was paying $550 / 6 months on a 2001 GT. I don't think the Ins. company has the Cobra in their computer system yet... but I told my agent 3 times that this was a Cobra - more high performance than a GT. She said the VIN was coming up a 2003, at $417 every 6...

I'm riding that wave as far as it will take me... :)

King Cobra 03

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
my03svtcobra you are being robbed. I am 26 with 2 kids and a house and I pay Progressive 600 for the Cobra and 600 for my MDX. But it might just be the area you are in NJ and I am in FL, but I can't see FL being that much cheaper. We can't even buy house insurance any more only through the state.

trust me we get killed with insurance in n.j. in 1988 i was paying 5600.00 a year on my IROC i only had 4 points at the time
:cryying:

my03svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by King Cobra 03

trust me we get killed with insurance in n.j. in 1988 i was paying 5600.00 a year on my IROC i only had 4 points at the time
:cryying:
and you paying what now?

King Cobra 03

Established Member
no, i havent even found out what i am paying now, i have it down as my 2rd car, i told my ins my 91 toy p.u. as my primary car:idea:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
47/married/2 kids/4th car/pleasure only = $420 every 6.

Users who are viewing this thread