03/04 cobra diff brace
4.10's
billetflow diff cover brace
sway bar bushings
sway bar endlinks
toe links
entire FTBR bushing setup

Car should be back together this weekend. I am pumped :rockon:

Oh yeah, I'll answer any questions that anyone has with the whole install process as well. This is the largest project i have ever done on my car....and by no means am I an expert, but i think i did a pretty decent job.

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Ahh...memories. I did the same upgrades a number of years ago. I can still smell the burning rubber from wire cupping the subframe bushings out. Good luck getting all back in. It'll be a different animal.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ahh...memories. I did the same upgrades a number of years ago. I can still smell the burning rubber from wire cupping the subframe bushings out. Good luck getting all back in. It'll be a different animal.

Oh...its in....and it sucked. Lining up the freaking 14mm bolts in the front was a nightmare. 3 jacks and 4 hours later we had it. What a PITA. The damn thing better handle like a dream now :p

99Snaker

Resident Coffee Addict
Established Member
Nice! Just swapped in a built '03 Cobra IRS myself. Used an ATV jack which really helped align the front bolts, still a PITA though.

Delrin bushings?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Nice! Just swapped in a built '03 Cobra IRS myself. Used an ATV jack which really helped align the front bolts, still a PITA though.

Delrin bushings?

Yeah the a-arms are. Whatever Bruces kit came with is on it.

Thank God I had an arbor press at my disposal....the rear diff bushing would have SUCKED to press in without it.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Looks great and very familiar as well! Finished mine 1.5 years ago and it is awesome. Nice work, keep us informed how you like it.

Bite Me

Established Member
Oh...its in....and it sucked. Lining up the freaking 14mm bolts in the front was a nightmare. 3 jacks and 4 hours later we had it. What a PITA. The damn thing better handle like a dream now :p

I feel for you, but mine went in in about 5 minutes. No problems whatsoever and I did have the correct sized front bolts. I guess I was lucky. :banana:

Look at all that rubber on the ground, that was the hardest part, getting those subframe bushings out and cleaned up. The rest was no big deal.

Bite Me

Established Member
Yeah the a-arms are. Whatever Bruces kit came with is on it.

Thank God I had an arbor press at my disposal....the rear diff bushing would have SUCKED to press in without it.

I didnt have one so I got creative, froze the bushing for a few hours which alowed me to slide it part of the way in using a rubber mallet, then finished it off by combining different parts of the bushing removal tools and you know the rest.

Bite Me

Established Member
how hard was it to put the irs brace on

About as hard as it is to put on a shift knob if the diff is out if your talking about the billetflow piece :rockon:

If your talking about the support brace, then thats not bad under the car either, just getting the a-arm bolts loose and tight to spec is hard on your back with limited clearance.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
About as hard as it is to put on a shift knob if the diff is out if your talking about the billetflow piece :rockon:

If your talking about the support brace, then thats not bad under the car either, just getting the a-arm bolts loose and tight to spec is hard on your back with limited clearance.

+1...its REALLY easy if its out of the car :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread