Pics of Mystichrome from Canada after Zaino (summer at last)

Mysticobra

Established Member
Here are some of the pictures taken during last 2 months ater 3 coats of Zaino. I learned how to capture the various colors of the mystichrome.

Here right after 2 coats of Zaino:

130-3064_IMG600.jpg

Here after 3 coats (with my snake that I painted mystic from Dupli-Color spray kit):

180_4.jpg

At night, the car looks like sonic blue:

180_5.jpg

Direct in the sun, it is ligth blue:

180_1.jpg

To a darker blue:

180_10.jpg

In the morning when the sun is low, it gives a greenish tint:

180_2.jpg

At sunset, when the sun is low:

180_8.jpg

At sunset, when angle of car and camera is around 90 degree:

180_6.jpg

180_9.jpg

And at last, when the sun is almost set and direct line with light:

180_3.jpg

I'm glad the summer is now here ( a bit later than you lucky guys) but I enjoy every minute of it.

01vert

Established Member
enter that one pic on the svt site about photoing the paint. One of the best examples of how this paint changes i have ever seen. Nice Job!

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Those ARE the best Mystic pictures i have ever seen. Awesome car, keep up the good work and keep it clean

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Very good pics. Great job on capturing the different shades these cars show. I agree, enter some of those in the contest.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
very, very nice!!!! I am so jealous !! thanx alot for those pics, I can now dream of a Mystichrome in better detail !! lol

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Cool perspective showing the car from the different angles + lighting sources! :thumbsup: Beautiful car :rockon:

Mysticobra

Established Member
Thanks a lot all for good comments.

Here is the link for the spray paint I used for the snake:Mirage Dupli-Color. It's only a 2 color shifting paint but it serves the purpose.

I don't know anything about the photo contest but I will try to find out more on the net.

In Quebec Canada, the color is not used on registrations (too bad 'cause it would be funny to see what they would have put).

For Mystichrome owner: If you have a variable shutter speed camera, at night put a fluorescent light 3 feet away from your back wheel directed to the door. Put your camera on a tripod, aligned with your front bumper, about 3 feet away from the car sideway and direct it toward the door. You will see the drastic change in color you have ever seen on this car. I will try to post my picture as soon as I find some space on my host server.

thanks again for encouraging words,

MystiCobra

Mysticobra

Established Member
Here is the picture taken with a fluorescent light as described above. (Sorry about the surrounding but the car was in my winter shelter). I know that the color change is so drastic and on a short distance that it looks like photoshoped but I swear it is not. For mystichrome owner try it and post your results to prove my point.

264_5.jpg

Mysticobra

Established Member
For this picture, the exposure time was 6 seconds and the fluorescent light was on the ground as you can see. My camera is a Canon PowerShot G2 4 megapixels.

ManiaxCoupe

Established Member
The car looks sweet! I dont know which color I like the best. I own a red LX notch That has mystichrome shot in the clear, but I cant catch it on film.

Mysticobra

Established Member
I checked for the photo contest and it's available for US resident only. Too bad. I will e-mail them a request to be part of the contest even if iI'm not eligible for the prizes, just for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread