Pics of new gt500

chuckstang

Established Member
Um ya, the STI would not stand a chance.
***ing moron.
The color looked cool, not bad as a vert but the interior needs more style! too boring

2k1cobra

Established Member
I love the front end on the GT500, But the vert doesnt do it for me looks too plain. Also WTF is up with the rear end, the one thing i loved the most on 03/04 cobra goes to shit on the GT500. :( Anyways, ill take a hardtop in vista blue w/ white stripes. :D

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
I do not like the looks of the vert. The back end seems much higher than the last show car(not the concept, the actual car). Still looking forward to getting mine. When it shows up if the stance is that high, its time for a lowering kit.
What cracks me up though is...STI owners saying it is ugly. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! They do not have the right to call a Scion XB ugly!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
I do not like the looks of the vert. The back end seems much higher than the last show car(not the concept, the actual car). Still looking forward to getting mine. When it shows up if the stance is that high, its time for a lowering kit.
What cracks me up though is...STI owners saying it is ugly. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! They do not have the right to call a Scion XB ugly!

:lol:

Yeah, those STIs look like shopping carts on wheels with that hideous looking wing. :-D

Last edited:

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Shelby is a disappointment

Since I went into the Powerlease program in 2004, and kept in constant touch with SVT over the details of the 2007 product....my conclusions are as follows:
When John Colletti and Tom Scarpello left SVT, SVT lost it's "head and heart"....The 2007 product is a compromise that neither would have approved of......All of the great styling cues in the prototype such as the hood and read deck Shelby lettering were eliminated.....The car should have had more of a "Shelby look" like the 67 and 68 GT500 with at least functional rear quarter brake ducts, and perhaps a upper quarter window treatment to differentiate it from the GT....The black outside mirrors are an example of the "new team" approach to the car...don't go to the trouble of putting painted mirrors on, go cheap.....The car is too heavy, and too much cheap plastic on the interior and a cheap plastic grill......I am sorry, but for the price and performance, the car is neither a true SVT or a Shelby......Hype aside, I am dissapointed with the car, and the demise of a great SVT team......

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
Since I went into the Powerlease program in 2004, and kept in constant touch with SVT over the details of the 2007 product....my conclusions are as follows:
When John Colletti and Tom Scarpello left SVT, SVT lost it's "head and heart"....The 2007 product is a compromise that neither would have approved of......All of the great styling cues in the prototype such as the hood and read deck Shelby lettering were eliminated.....The car should have had more of a "Shelby look" like the 67 and 68 GT500 with at least functional rear quarter brake ducts, and perhaps a upper quarter window treatment to differentiate it from the GT....The black outside mirrors are an example of the "new team" approach to the car...don't go to the trouble of putting painted mirrors on, go cheap.....The car is too heavy, and too much cheap plastic on the interior and a cheap plastic grill......I am sorry, but for the price and performance, the car is neither a true SVT or a Shelby......Hype aside, I am dissapointed with the car, and the demise of a great SVT team......

Unfortunately, all valid complaints..

After awhile, the dealers will be forced to deal on these cars. And at $35,000, I think these Shelbys will be a half decent bargain. :lol1:

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
COBRABRAD said:
"I got a ride! Not neck snapping acceleration like the STI"
What a moron. :lol:
I laughed out loud to this also .... And girls that own a STI calling this car ugly .... Laughed out loud also ..... I hate the internet.

BigJim

Mostly Read
Established Member
I think the coupe will look good with some wheels and a lowering kit. I also would get the mirrors painted, don't ask me why they went cheap on that part. On a side note I think my GTO has nicer interior but that is the only comparision I will make with that car. The engine and drivetrain should be remarkable!

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
I laughed out loud to this also .... And girls that own a STI calling this car ugly .... Laughed out loud also ..... I hate the internet.

+9999999999999999999999999999999 :lol:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Back when I had my 98 cobra, and the 03's were just about to hit the market, the only thing I saw that was a negative for me was the ride height. Given, this is before anyone had ever bought one, and we found out about some of the more prevalent weaknesses in stock trim, such as wheel hop. Having said that I see a lot of things I don't like about the GT500. I just hope that there are no "hidden" weaknesses once people start driving them.

-Jeff

drmustang

Banned
BigJim said:
I think the coupe will look good with some wheels and a lowering kit. I also would get the mirrors painted, don't ask me why they went cheap on that part. On a side note I think my GTO has nicer interior but that is the only comparision I will make with that car. The engine and drivetrain should be remarkable!

The GTOs have a comfortable high quality interior.

Users who are viewing this thread