Pics of Randy Fontenot's car

Fastbackman

Established Member
Randy's a friend of mine and he sent these to me right after he got the car back from Saleen. They sent all the original parts back to him as well.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:

Fastbackman

Established Member
He's owned a few Saleens and been a good customer. He corresponds regularly with Carlos Duran who is a big wheel at Saleen. Don't remember his title though. They offered to do a conversion on it for him at no cost. Picked it up at his house in an enclosed hauler, took it to Cali and went to work. When they finished they returned it in the enclosed hauler you saw and sent all original parts back so he could return it to stock if he ever wanted. He got original hood, tires and wheels, bumpers, fascias, everything. They painted the stripes on when they did the conversion and they look much better.

Fastbackman

Established Member
Fixed it so the pics now show up without clicking on anything. Glad you guys like the pics. I'm sure Randy will be glad to know I posted them. I've been meaning to do it for awhile but it was just to hard to upload to photobucket before I got cable internet.

Fastbackman

Established Member
I'll have to try his cell sometime. I find it hard to believe he did anything to deserve a permanent ban. Regardless of how anyone feels about Randy, he means well and is a really nice guy. The car is supposed to be in a magazine soon. I think the cover of 5.0 but I don't remember for sure.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
looks good. I bust his balls about grammar and the constant repeating of the same thing over and over, but have no issues with the guy.

Car looks nice...did they do anything for performance beside some suspension work?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
dont like it. looks just like a saleen, and the current saleens dont look near as good as GT500s or roush's. i would take it though. prefer the GT500 look my self(front end is a lot more aggressive), but i sure as hell wouldnt complain if i had one of these in my driveway.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I think it's funny how they replaced Shelby's name with Saleen's. I could care less about either of their names though, the car is what matters. Don't really care too much for the rear of it, but that doesn't mean it's not a beautiful car.

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
I’m not a fan of the new Saleens, but they did a good job and it's good to see that they treated it so well and gave him all the stock parts.

Did they do anything to the engine? I thought I read that they were using it to develop their GT500 supercharger. :shrug:

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I think I remember Randy saying something about them not being happy with something about the blower so they decided to not put it on his car, but once they finish they'll be doing the further upgrade for him.

Anyone who knows Randy know any more about that?

And thanks for posting the pics! Been a long time in the making. I'm somewhat ambivalent about the look (like the matching white wheels, though!), but it's gotta be very cool to have a 1 of 1 like that. I mean, what a unique collectible conversation piece he's got!

Last edited:

Fastbackman

Established Member
They were supposed to be putting on a twin screw and apparently did, but took it back off. They were said to be having issues that couldn't be resolved so I don't think they really did anything performance wise. He did say that they did dyno the car at 475 RWHP. I don't know if they really had problems with the blower or if recent changes at Saleen caused someone to pull the plug on the free blower upgrade. Either way it worked out great for Randy, especially considering he's still got all the parts that were removed. I'll pass along the well wishes from those who have. Randy did tell me that among all the other suspension changes they did, they also put in a watts link. I'll have to ask him to send me a pic from underneath of the rear suspension.

chuckstang

Established Member
too bad he lost a functional hood, hope it doesnt cause heat problems.

But looks good, and best of luck to him, he was a real nice guy

Users who are viewing this thread