Pics of the new Ducati S4R

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Sold my 2006 Honda CBR 600RR Rothman's Race Replica....had 10k miles and got 7k for it. Lived a good life, but after several I-4 sportbikes, I finally got the bike I have wanted for years.

Here are a few pics when I got it unloaded off the truck.

2006 Ducati Monster S4R, 996cc Desmodromic L-twin engine, Brembo brakes, Showa shocks, Marchesini wheels. 1 of 100 red and black in United States for 2006 (most were red with white stripe and white wheels) Bike has 3k miles, previous owner gave me all the manuals, sales receipts, keys, ect ect.

Lots of real carbon fiber : front fender, chain guard, rear hugger, side panels, crankcase covers, radiator covers, front sproket cover.
MODS:
14 tooth front sprocket
CRG levers
Rizoma Bar end mirrors
Rizoma bar ends
Rizoma grips
Area 51 clutch cover
Gold Ferracci Racing Anodized billet pressure plate
Pro bolt pre-load adjusters
Pro-Tek keyless gas cap
Ducati carbon fiber replacement red rear fender
Wired for Batter Tender
Rear wheel stand
Bike cover
Bar risers (not installed)
Joe Rocket tank bag.

picked the bike up for 9k

S4RFRONT.gif

S4RREAR.gif

S4RSIDE.gif

DSC00660.gif

DSC00658.gif

DSC00659.gif

DSC00656.gif

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Utterly gorgeous. If I could pick any bike, it would be a D

Its hard to tell from the pics, but is the engine bolted directly to the frame with the rear swing-arm attached to it? Another words, is the engine an integral part of the chassis?

Last edited:

97cobra1

Established Member
Hmmm... Monsters are pretty sick bikes. Love the street fighter style too. Congrats man!

Had to edit for a couple of things.... First, Those wheels are SICK! Didn't know the Marchesini's came stock on those. And you NEEEEEEED exhaust. vtwin rumble out of a Duc is second to none.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Not my cup of tea but deff a awsome feat of machinery. Lots of time spent engineering that bad boy.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Bike has torque all over the place and is silky smooth. Guy has over 1000.00 in real carbon fiber parts on the bike.
The dry clutch makes a hell of a racket and my neighbor was like WTF?
The exhaust sounds great now...priced some Termi exhausts and they are $$$$$$. My buddies 748R he had in Italy had the Remus Carbon Fiber and it sounded sick for alot less.

Last edited:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Nice, i've ridden one before and it was a sweet bike. You should get Termignoni exhaust for it:beer:.

Edit: i didn't see post #8.

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
are you missing fairings?? just something doesnt look right...:shrug:

They are "naked" bikes. The Monsters only have minimal fairings..also you can look up Triumph Speed Triple or Street Triple, which are "naked" bikes too. MV Agusta makes them too, but they are outta my $$ range.

Avenger

Established Member
Awesome bike !! I know nothing about bikes in general but isn't the front tire backward ? Sure looks to me like it's directional...

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
It is going in the right direction. Look above the M in Michelin and after "radial" and you will see tiny arrows on the edge of the tire pointing the direction of rotation.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Monsters!:bowdown::bowdown: Definitely my favorite bikes of all time. I should be joining the club soon if things work out in my favor. Congrats man and stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread