Pics of the Notch and the Cobra

Champ10187

Established Member
Finally uploaded some pics of my notchback after about a year of procrastinating. Theres actually some interesting history behind the notch. It was originally a 93 reef blue notch (owned by another gentleman) it was stolen from his driveway during a rainy night and ended getting chased by the police, which was actually on the news that night. Took make a long story short, the theif wrapped it around a telephone pole, insurance company totaled it out, i bought it, swapped just about everything over (complete drivetrain, evey wiring harness, brake lines, fuel lines etc) from the wrecked reef blue notch to a clean 89 body. I finished it last year and drove it for the summer but now that i got this 03 i had to cancel the insurance on it for this summer. Anyway, here are some before and after pics.

Before
wreckedsidevs7.jpg

enginedamageki1.jpg

blacknotch3tk6.jpg

During
dsc00169ah8.jpg

dsc00162eh6.jpg

After
notchfrontnr0.jpg

notchcompletehg7.jpg

engineshotqn6.jpg

Mods include: Vortech S-trim, cobra intake, bbk long tubes, o/r h-pipe, flowmasters, 5 lug conv, coil overs up front, megabite jrs, 31 spline axels, auburn pro diff, tuned by alternative auto. I've never had it on a dyno but the previous owner said it put down 400rwhp.

quad

Established Member
Awesome story and nice car! But where are the pics of the Snake??

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
You need to get evan working on his car so he'll finally drive it. I've been bugging him for like 2 years, but it sounds like he might start working on it again.

Champ10187

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
You need to get evan working on his car so he'll finally drive it. I've been bugging him for like 2 years, but it sounds like he might start working on it again.

yeah me too. he spent all that time porting the heads and drove it for like a month and it doesn't seem like he's touched it yet. hopefully he gets back on it and starts driving it becuase thats a nice car.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
nice work......looks like you have no problem tackling project cars!

too bad you couldn't make it to AAI.....looking forward to meeting you and your Dad sometime :beer:

Champ10187

Established Member
JB said:
nice work......looks like you have no problem tackling project cars!

too bad you couldn't make it to AAI.....looking forward to meeting you and your Dad sometime :beer:

how was aai on wednesday? you should come up to woodward this weekend...i'll most likely be up there friday and saturday.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
AAI was hot, but definitely bearable.....we only had to wear long sleeve shirts in the body shop

had a good time.....can't believe how many cars they turn out, especially GT500's :coolman:

I might come by Woodward ....depends on whether or not I end up on this side of town

only two weeks till Dream Cruise! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread