Pics of your V2 E-trim satin and polished installed

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
probably going with an E trim for just a very streetable/safe and economical FI setup, Im only looking for about 400 rwhp.....think I found the right shop to do the work at the right price too.....after describing my desires this was his suggestion......but after looking online for a looooong time and searching the forums, I cant seem to find any pics of an installed unit...the exploded view of the kits/parts are all I can find....would like to see a polished and a satin...So post up some pics, and show off your setup!

and before everyone tells me just "Whipple it" instead, I am keeping my budget to under $5k for turn key install, dynotune, and weld in Full length SFCs.....and the bonus for me is this is the SQ model so it is supposed to be very quiet(I am not a big fan of the SC whine, I know most love it).......other suggestions for a better setup are welcome, but it has to meet my criteria.....

Brutal Metal

Established Member
photo0023yp.jpg

photo0017lo.jpg

photo0021e.jpg

svtcobra451.jpg

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
The pictures above are an intercooled setup with what looks like custom welded piping and a power pipe that replaced the flexible hose to the filter which explains the difference.

The powerpipes are sold by anderson and you could replace that flex hose with one of these.

Last edited:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
yeah the vortech cooler is an air/water cooler. Either should work and both will yield lower iat's. I think most people opt for the simpler air/air setups...i think overall they yield lower iat's than the air/water cooler. Shooting for 400 you'll be okay without one but I'd recommend it if you can swing it. Low iat's are important both for power and safety of your motor!

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
oops sorry yeah I didn't use the crappy inlet and discharge tubes and it's air to air intercooled with custom piping... It's best to buy a head unit and piece together the rest of your parts..

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
is there only 1 e trim hanging out at SVTP?.....I thought for sure this was the place to get my answers.......cause even Vortech doesnt have pictures of an install, which I thought was odd

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
no, this is the baby boy.......V2 SQ E-trim......click the link, this is the best pic I have found JEGS High Performance - 933-4FR218-038SQ
and it is only designed for about 8lbs, Kurgan said I can easily be over 400 to the ground very safely with out building the motor in my 01 Cobra......Im just trying to "see" what Im gonna spend all the $$$ on, and whether it worth it for the polished, just no pics online other than some really bad stock photos, or exploded parts, that may or may not actually be what your buying....

Users who are viewing this thread