Pics request - need help choosing a wheel

Mowgli

Established Member
I've been looking for some replacement wheels for the 03 for months now and can't seem to find one that suits me.
I have a Mineral Grey coupe and can't stand the stock wheels (I have the polished) and don't really want to take Ford up on the chromes either.

So far I've narrowed it down to the FR500s (seen pics of them on a GT in here) but thats really only thru lack of visible choices. I tend to like a dished wheel, or one with a lip, as opposed to ones where the spokes meet the outer edge like on the stock rims.

I feel you really need to see a wheel on a car to get an idea of how it will look, so could all you fellow 03 Cobra owners please post pics of your rides with aftermarket wheels? There are a couple nice custom sets on here, but I'm looking for something I can buy. I'd really appreciate the help.

Also like to know what size, and if you needed to do anything in regards to the IRS bolt to mount them.

Last edited:

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
I really dig the FR500s. Have a pic of a torch red 03 with them on it, but it is at home. Will post it tonight.

If you want wheels custom made to fit your needs that are forged and lightweight look into the CCWs above. They have a cult following almost in the Supra, Vette and Viper communities

http://www.ccwheel.com

Kev

tommygun

Established Member
ccws or iforged

another wheel i think looks good is the new Roush wheel

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Here is what you want :thumbsup: CCW

Exactly Kevin - you knew I was referring to your wheels didn't you?

Actually thats about the size lip I want on whatever wheels I get.
And to see if a particular wheel has that or not you need to see it in 3/4 view as opposed to dead side-on. So you see my dilema.

By the way - do you mind me asking how much those cost you? Also, was the offset correct to clear the IRS bolt or did you have to get new bolts or spacers. Lastly, what size(s) are you running, front and rear?

Thx.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by Lprimo
Get a set of the FR500 in chrome...heres a pic of my lil bros 02 GT with billet FR500's

Yeah, the FR500s are the front runners for now. But as you can see from the front wheel in that pic, not too much of a lip on the rim with the FRs. Saw a pic of the chromes on a black 03 Cobra in here, but the angle was bad for a good look.

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by Blade
I really dig the FR500s. Have a pic of a torch red 03 with them on it, but it is at home. Will post it tonight.

If you want wheels custom made to fit your needs that are forged and lightweight look into the CCWs above. They have a cult following almost in the Supra, Vette and Viper communities

http://www.ccwheel.com

Kev

Thanks Blade. Looks forward to that pic. And I'm checking out the link as well.

Originally posted by saadcobra
I had asked like your question, see in these links

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45311

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45517

see what is suitable for you but i see the Racing Hart Type C2 looks great...........:-D

Thx Saadcobra, those wheels on the black GT are right up my alley. Racing Hart Type C2 ...

Last edited:

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
Also, was the offset correct to clear the IRS bolt or did you have to get new bolts or spacers. Lastly, what size(s) are you running, front and rear?

Thx.

Originally posted by Mowgli
Thanks Blade. Looks forward to that pic. And I'm checking out the link as well.

Sure. John at CCW will custom make them to whatever backspacing/offset you desire. His brother has a 99+ Mustang so they will fit. He's very easy to work with and the wheels are amazing. I noticed during the "Ultimate Street Car Challenge" in one of the magazines the Dodge Viper that won had his ACR wheels on for the posed photos, but when you look at the pics of him competing... CCWs.

John has gone to the race track with his wheels and offered to let guys take laps with them to compare. When they come back from driving them, they ask how much they cost bcz they aren't going to take them off their car.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i would check around at tire rack and discount tire, also check out other forums such as bmw and supra forums, they usually have good (mostly expensive) taste in wheels. here are some of the ones i like:

ROH Modena
Modena-3_4.jpg

you can get these in any size/backspacing in 17,18,19

American Racing Torq Thrust II
m505.jpg

last i checked you could only get 8 and 10 inch widths in 18" rim size

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Mowgli - my sizes are 18x9.5 F and 18x11 rear. I have 295 tires on the rear right now and there is plenty room. I did not have to change the IRS bolt or use spacers or anything. I had a shop do all the measuring and when the rims came in I just took off my stock ones and put on the CCW's. Rims my size should be around $1800, and thats for all four rims. For the price, you will not beat CCW. They are lightweight and strong, and they don't cost $1000 per rim.

Plus, its pretty cool when I am watching the Speedchannel's Wolrd Challenge GT championship and I see the corvette/viper race cars with the same CCW rims (except bigger!)

Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
Problem with the Racing Hart Type C2 is that they don't seem to come in anything bigger than a 7.5 inch width.

CCW front runner.

Users who are viewing this thread