Picture request of Division X fuel hat and 465 pumps

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Just like the title says. Does anyone have a picture or two of their Division X gen 3 fuel hat and 465 pumps? just looking to see where everyone has the pumps in the sleeve as far as height wise. Thanks

holiks03cobra

Established Member
10690075_828408057208153_4588770247634226328_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I had to cut the rubber hose that connects the pumps to the hat. They were too long.

cj428mach

Established Member
Just another reason I love Fore the hats come preassembled. I actually just bought some spare pumps from Fore and they come with fittings on the end of the pump to thread directly into the hat with no setup to worry about.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Just another reason I love Fore the hats come preassembled. I actually just bought some spare pumps from Fore and they come with fittings on the end of the pump to thread directly into the hat with no setup to worry about.

If I could do it all over again, I definitely would've went with a Fore kit. I had problems with the wiring harness and was burning up relays on Lethal's budget kit.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Was this on the Gen 1 hat?

I have the Gen 2 and never had any issues.

cj428mach

Established Member
I believe the gen 1 fore stuff is what division x copied. The newer fore stuff doesn't use rubber hose, the pump just "plugs in" to the hat.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The instructions give you an exact measurement on where the pumps need to be. Just follow that and you will be fine. That's how I did mine anyway.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'm not shocked. One of the reason I won't sell them.
Glad you talked me into selling that DivX hat to get the fore set up. The quality too good to cover up. Shame its not in plain view.

Still need to get with you on those fittings, been swamped and haven't had the time to go out and see what I need.

TRBO VNM

Glad you talked me into selling that DivX hat to get the fore set up. The quality too good to cover up. Shame its not in plain view.

Still need to get with you on those fittings, been swamped and haven't had the time to go out and see what I need.

Yup. you could cut the trunk floor out. LOL I had one guy that did that just for easy access, crazy if you ask me. And yeah, you know my number, just let me know what you need on the fittings and we will get it taken care of.

Soap

Established Member
Another regretful owner of a DX fuel hat and 465's. I measured everything as per their instructions and tried to install the hat but it is bottoming out on the tank. I have to go back and cut off the hose and trim the nipple on the pump. Wish I would have just gone with Fore.

Can anyone tell me where they got their submersible fuel hose at? I went to a couple local places and they said the stuff they carry is not rated for in-tank use. I wish I could salvage the two small pieces Lethal sent with their kit but they will not come off the barbs without cutting them off (I guess that's a good thing).

Thanks in advance.

--Joe

03' White Snake

Established Member
Napa carries the submersible fuel hose, only comes in fairly large lengths though.

I had no issues with my Division X hat and 465's. I put a little wd40 on the pumps and pushed them right in the hose as far as they would go. They did not bottom out in the tank or anything.

I don't have the best pictures, but here are a few.

20160515_164554_zpsyrfmdumb.jpg

20160428_192502_zpsjgkisajy.jpg

Bfazona

Established Member
I also didn't have any problems with my Division X setup. I bought the entire 1400hp setup from Lethal and only had a few areas that I did not like. I do not like the way their kit uses a y-block designed to mount on the firewall under the hood. Also, I could not use their fuel rails with my TVS and ended up buying Fore rails. Finally, the power wire is not the proper gauge, which is the biggest issue for me. After talking wth Jason and getting the scoop on the Division X stuff, I wish my car had a full Fore system on it. All that being said, I have not had any issues with my setup to date.

bigmoose

Established Member
Another regretful owner of a DX fuel hat and 465's. I measured everything as per their instructions and tried to install the hat but it is bottoming out on the tank. I have to go back and cut off the hose and trim the nipple on the pump. Wish I would have just gone with Fore.

Can anyone tell me where they got their submersible fuel hose at? I went to a couple local places and they said the stuff they carry is not rated for in-tank use. I wish I could salvage the two small pieces Lethal sent with their kit but they will not come off the barbs without cutting them off (I guess that's a good thing).

Thanks in advance.

--Joe
Just Google 30R10 fuel hose. Or you could switch to the fore design that doesn't use fuel hose!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Soap

Established Member
Just Google 30R10 fuel hose. Or you could switch to the fore design that doesn't use fuel hose!

I pulled the hat back out and took it all apart last night. Ordered some Gates SAE 30R10 hose off Amazon this morning, (stainless clamps too). Trust me, I wish I would have just got the Fore stuff to begin with.

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread