Pictures from SVT Experience

JoeJ

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Well, I made it back to Houston last night. Man oh man, did I have a great time at Gingerman. Waterford Hills. and at the 100 year Celebration at Dearborn. It was so great to see all my old friends from around the US. There is just too many to mention everyone, but it was great to put a face to the names which we talk to by phone and on the web.

I want to thank Mark Wilson for putting on such a great event at Gingerman. I also met Dean Martin with SVT and he showed me some lines around Gingerman. He also gave me some advice to improve my driving...Hmmmm..OH Yes...I need some help along those lines ....BIG TIME...

At Waterford Hill, I met Brian Said and he jumped into the Cobra R and Oh MY...What a blast riding with him around the course. I will attach a couple of pictures which was taken at Gingerman and Waterford Hills.
Hope to see everyone again soon at one of the open track events.
:beer: ::thumbsup:

JoeJ

Established Member
Sorry about it being sideways..Anyway here is the picture from Waterford Hills. Maybe Brian can change the picture above.

Andy M

Established Member
Joe, #466 sure looks good out there man!!! I sure wish I could have gone out to play with you guys?!!!! :( maybe next time?!!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
It was great to finally meet you Joe and I have to say I don't think I have seen someone smile as much as Joe was in a long time!

We ended up with 9 00R's, 6 95R's, and 2 93R's running at Gingerman over the two days. If that keeps up I might just plan an R get together next year!

Thanks everyone again for coming and I hope to see you at other events.

JoeJ

Established Member
Scoriox,

Thanks for correcting the color of the Cobra R. My scanner gets the color wrong at times.

JoeJ

Established Member
Poisonous Mods,

The 03 Cobra is one heck of a car. It has trouble staying up with the Cobra R on a road course. The best thing to do to the 03 Cobra if you want to run open track is to install heavier springs front and rear. Probably 1000 lbs in the front and at least 850 lbs in the rear and lower the car somewhat. It sure does not lack for torque or HP. You also really need to run Hoosier Race tires if you want to get the most out of the car.

One of the guys who runs an 03 at TWS has installed coil over springs front and rear and changed to a Bassini exhaust. Lowered the car and now it gives me fits on the road course.
The main thing is just go out , run it and enjoy...:beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Joe, #466 sure looks good out there man!!! I sure wish I could have gone out to play with you guys?!!!! :( maybe next time?!!
Andy....we missed you out there! Gingerman is probably my favorite track so far, lots of fun, only the 2nd track that I've been to twice, and the third time will be this Sept 20-21 with the SCMC :thumbsup:

sure would be nice to get the "R Gang" all together again, like at MAM last October :beer:

Oh yeah, Wayne drove my car at Gingerman, what a ride that was! :-D

Also rode with Fred F. in his '00R....pretty amazing what these cars can do with experienced drivers behind the wheel....definately not members of 'Team Raisin' ;-)

Thanks again to Mark, Jeff, Scott, the instructors, etc, for making it work :thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread