Pictures of 2005 Ford GT With My Viper GTS

Warren S

Originally posted by Vic
Warren, I don't know about the SRT, but the fixes for the GTS are:
1.Accusump
2. Trap doors in oil pan
3. Modified windage tray to let the oil return downward faster
4. ACR oil filter adapter, allows higher oil pressure, constant flow.
5. Puke tank, catches valve cover stray oil under heavy braking, so it doesn't get routed back into the intake. Prevents damaging, oil-induced knocking.

If I get a GT, I wonder how hard I would be inclined to lean on it, say at WillowSprings? Thats a lot of money to wad up in a ball! Plus, the car will be irreplaceable, when the model run ends. But to not take it on track, like a garage queen behind velvet ropes, now that is truly sad!

They say the rear end of the (mid-engine) GT is easy to catch, if you push it towards oversteer. Now thats nice to hear! Not like an old rear-engine Porsche, with its high polar movement, once it goes, its gone!

Thanks for the tips Vic! I don't think the SRT has any improvements in oiling than the GTS's. I saw someone spun a bearing at WSIR with a brand new SRT. It made a horrendous knocking sound when he came into the pits.

--Warren.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
umm can i ask a question to the senior engineer? will there be a SVT F-150 Lightning sometime in the year 2005 as a 06 model? please say yes... if you say yes i will fly to hockey town and kiss you... i hope all that crap about them cutting it is just rumor BS

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
AWESOME CARS!! I wish I could see something like that at the gas station filling up, I would hump the tips. :bowdown: :rockon:

Blake

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Thanks for pics!! That's excellent!!! I think that both cars look equally good from the front view, but from the sideview and from the rear, the Ford GT looks a lot better. Just my 2 cents...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by Vic

If I get a GT, I wonder how hard I would be inclined to lean on it, say at WillowSprings? Thats a lot of money to wad up in a ball! Plus, the car will be irreplaceable, when the model run ends. But to not take it on track, like a garage queen behind velvet ropes, now that is truly sad!

They say the rear end of the (mid-engine) GT is easy to catch, if you push it towards oversteer. Now thats nice to hear! Not like an old rear-engine Porsche, with its high polar movement, once it goes, its gone!

If you get it and have the balls to whomp a GTS at a track, the Ford GT is nothing. Very hard to lose control in. It's extraordinarily well balanced compared to any other car I've ever driven. Very mild understeer, but it doesn't get tossed around with the pedals like some other cars you may be used to ;-)

I can understand the fear though. Nothing like the first time you spin out at the track and have to push your heart back down your throat. Especially when the hardware is worth 150k...:dw: :coolman:

Y2K Roadster

Established Member
The thing that gets me is how much lower the GT sits than the Viper...very nice looking ride. I think that Ford definately did a good job with the car. Just wait until pulley packages come out for it. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything esle in the car. That thing is not meant to be modded...

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
MotorCityMadMan said:
Well, my Viper and my buddies Viper both have about 500 brake horsepower and 560 ft lbs torque at the flywheel with our light mods. This is about 50 more horsepower over a stock Viper GTS. Ford claims the GT has 550 brake horsepower and 500 ft lbs torque. So since I'm used to the power of my Viper, the GT's power didn't blow me away. But for someone who has never been in a really fast car it would blow them away. I guess I'm just so used to driving in a fast car. But the only car I've been in that's scarey fast is my buddies big single turbo Toyota Supra that is putting down over 600 hp. That thing is sick.

That's actually very disappointing to hear. As very few 03/04 Cobras are left unmoded, a large majority of us easily have 500+hp and 500+ torque at the flywheel. I was hoping the weight and design of the GT would provide a much more enjoyable difference in performance. Obviously road course situations would be different, but it sounds like street driving is depressingly similar. :(

I love the look and the concept of the Ford GT, hence I'd really rather be "wowed" by it, which it sounds like didn't happen with your time in the car from a performance standpoint. This will undoubtedly be even more true when the new 07 Cobra comes out. Of course...I wouldn't turn one down if someone wanted to give me one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread