Pictures of Cobra after full Clearkote detail

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys... :beer:

Yeah I busted my butt getting the Cobra to shine like that...my neighbors think I'm obsessed, and their right!

Did you apply the hole setup by hand or did you do a machine buff?

All by hand...never used a buffer and honestly don't know how. I just took my time, followed the directions and used clean 100% cotton towels and microfiber cloths to buff away the products. I must of went through 30 some towels before I was finished. Let me tell ya, I am a HUGE fan of the Microfiber cloths now...much better than the cotton towels I started with.

Let me say that I highly recommend this stuff, even my girlfriend noticed how wet the black looked...and this is a girl who couldn't tell the difference between my stock Cobra wheels from my new 18 inch chrome Saleen Replicas! :eek:

Here's how I used each product:

1) Washed car with basic car wash. I did this when the sun went down, but still with a little light out.

2) The next day, cleaned up all my trim with Back to Black.

3) Cleaned my windows with Stoner brand window cleaner spray.

4) Used the SSR 2 on all the body panels...2 coats.

5) Used Turtle waxes scratch remover to remove/hide some scratches that the SSR 2 wasn't able to.

6) Applied the Moose Glaze...let dry then removed by hand.

7) Applied the Moose Carb. Wax, let dry then removed...3 coats.

Thats it!:coolman:

Used Mothers Aluminum Polish on the exhaust tips...made them shine like chrome!

Also, The next time I do this, I am going to claybar some areas I noticed some water marks.

arboCetihW

BLACKOUT
Established Member
Car looks fantastic!! i would recommend some meguires high gloss tire gel to put on them tires....u wouldnt believe the difference

jpk

Established Member
The paint looks brand new!

Has anyone else ever noticed that ClearKote and other carnuba waxes make black paint look "new", while Zain'ed cars look entirely different? I think the Cleark Kote looks more natural, but Zaino looks crazy slippery wet. Why do the photos of Clear Kote jobs always look farily natural, while Zaino'ed black cars always look super slick/hyper-wet? I'm not sure which I like better, they both look great.

Users who are viewing this thread