PIE adapter - it worked for me

j card

Established Member
I just got the PIE aux input adapter and installed it in the 03 today - as seen previously on another thread. (the part number is FRDN-AUX).

As mentioned before, it plugs right in and works fine - even though PIE says it won't. When you push the cd button once, it selects the in-dash cd as usual, then push it again and it says DJ on the display and selects the aux input - in my case I'll be using it for a MP3 player, but you could use it for a satellite radio tuner, DVD player, or anything with a regular audio output.

Anyway, just thought I'd post an additional confirmation that it does work and works very well. Easy install too.

John

coleman

Established Member
was it easy to install?
where did you wire the external connectors & place/hide the adaptor?

coleman

Established Member
i just ordered one for my cobra & a different one for my wife's yukon w/ DVD player that has always suffered from poor quality -- alternator whine cuz w/ FM modulator :xpl: .

i hope i can find the time to install both... :thumbsup:

j card

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
was it easy to install?
where did you wire the external connectors & place/hide the adaptor?

Piece of cake, but then I used to do this for a living...

Once you remove the radio, there is a CAVERN under there. I removed the factory changer plug and plugged the adapter in there - then plugged the changer plug in to the adapter - so the adapter goes inline with the plug/harness that is already there. Other than that, you have a ground wire that plugs on to an existing ground tab on the radio, and I used a T-tap to tie the power wire into a constant hot lead in the main radio harness. After I had the adapter stuffed into the area below the radio, I routed the input cable over by the OBD port and stuffed the excess cable in between the center console and the carpet - since I haven't bought my MP3 player to plug in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread