piecing together a p1sc kit, i have ?'s

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
sooooo i have a p1sc head unit and im throwing it together finally (i have had it for like 3 years, car took a back seat to the gsxr1000 and road racing).

I have an intercooler, fuel injectors and, a fuel pump.... I know I need a maf and a bov I guess. the tubing will get done at my buddies shop with the install. So what else will i need? Any little tips or things to look out for? As far as the blow thru set up goes how exactly does that work (i mean how do you set that up??) is it the placement of the maf and bov? sorry for all the questions i am super new to all this shit. i just dont wanna sound like an ass when im at the shop. thank you for all the help.

ps. what kinda power am i lookin at? 02 gt, 75 mm tb, accufab plenem,CIA, ford racing shorties, h pipe no cats, flows, 410's, alum driveshaft, predator and short shifter.

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
In a blow through setup, you can place the bov to vent to the atmosphere anywhere in the piping before the air is metered. If you have enough fuel, you should make it close to the 400hp mark.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
kool thanks man....
and IAT sensor??? i see that some kits come with them, some dont. whats up with those things. damn sorry for the noob questions

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You can use your existing IAT sensor. Some kits, including the Procharger kits place the IAT in the intake leading to the supercharger. I think this is incorrect because I would think one would want to meter the air going into the intake manifold rather than the blower. So, put the IAT about 12 inches or so from the throttle body.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
ok ok, thanks. so why is everyone switching to bov's? i just recieved a pm from this guy selling his bosch bpv for cheap. i would jump on it except i dont wanna buy something that i might be changing.... make sense? im gonna only running 8-10 psi so does it really benefit me to go with a bov instead???? damn i feel retarded

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Blow off or by pass it doesn't really matter which route you go with. A bypass valve will give you the option of dumping the boost back into the intake leading to the supercharger. The bypass will also give you the ability to vent to the atmosphere which will act just like a blow off valve. I vent my BPV to the atmosphere because I didn't want to dump hot air back into the blower.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
oh ok so its really not a HUGE deal then. thanks BOV's seem pretty expensive huh? might just get the bpv from this guy in here

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
thanks... so im gonna buy that bpv then. anything else? intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, and a bpv... am i missing anything?

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
i had a lightning MAF layin around from a long time ago (long story). wat are the differences? this i really have NO CLUE ABOUT

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The lighting MAF will do just fine but it will be a limiting factor in the future should you want to make more power. The lightning MAF will go to about 500 rwhp. What size injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread