Place to install?

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
I'm looking to get some SFC's and maybe some other suspension mods for my Mach soon. Where is the closest shop to SB that is worthy enough to install them for me?

And how much do you think it would cost? Not really planning on doing it real soon, but might as well find out before I get into it.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
SB Lightning said:
I'm looking to get some SFC's and maybe some other suspension mods for my Mach soon. Where is the closest shop to SB that is worthy enough to install them for me?

And how much do you think it would cost? Not really planning on doing it real soon, but might as well find out before I get into it.

Drive up to Lupe's...He's in Redwood City. :)

2003 CobraSVT

Established Member
There is a place in oxnard, maybe 30 mins to an hour south from you. called modular mustang racing. They do top notch work. The guy who owns the shop, his name is Mark, he a real cool guy, and is a perfectionist. Ive got a couple of things done to my cobra there, and I was very pleased with the work. I would trust the guy with any car I owned, he knows his stuff, and will make sure it is perfect before he gives it back. The website is: www.modularmustangracing.com.

Xjman1

Established Member
2003 CobraSVT said:
There is a place in oxnard, maybe 30 mins to an hour south from you. called modular mustang racing. They do top notch work. The guy who owns the shop, his name is Mark, he a real cool guy, and is a perfectionist. Ive got a couple of things done to my cobra there, and I was very pleased with the work. I would trust the guy with any car I owned, he knows his stuff, and will make sure it is perfect before he gives it back. The website is: www.modularmustangracing.com.

Second that!!

Mystifi

Established Member
Danny if you want someone locally you can go to Economy Muffler in Goleta. They welded in my SFCs and did a really good job. Talk to Ricardo he has been in the business at least since the late 80's ( he did work on my old Road Runner as well too ) Good Luck!

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Mystifi said:
Danny if you want someone locally you can go to Economy Muffler in Goleta. They welded in my SFCs and did a really good job. Talk to Ricardo he has been in the business at least since the late 80's ( he did work on my old Road Runner as well too ) Good Luck!
Yeah i've actually made a couple of trips there. Both my parents got their mufflers put on there and the guy is real cool. I didn't know they did that kind of work, but I'll check it out.

I've also thought about MMR, but I feel so bad going there just to do a little suspension work. I'll just have to save my coin up so when I do make a trip there, I'll throw away a couple G's :coolman:

Thanks

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Superior Brake and Alignment. they put in my coilovers for me. i wouldve done it myself, but i was working 60+hours a week at my job at the time. really good work, and reasonable prices. they also welded in my SFCs. but definately Economy Muffler is good for SFCs. another place to check would be Higgins in santa barbara.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
bdcardinal said:
Superior Brake and Alignment. they put in my coilovers for me. i wouldve done it myself, but i was working 60+hours a week at my job at the time. really good work, and reasonable prices. they also welded in my SFCs. but definately Economy Muffler is good for SFCs. another place to check would be Higgins in santa barbara.
So basically any auto shop that are decent welders?

My friend knows one of the guys at Higgins, so maybe I can get a deal there or something. :beer:

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
you want to make sure that whoever welds your subframes does it on a drive on rack. this allows the suspension to be compressed. i can tell you that the certain shop recommended in oxnard welds subframes on jackstands.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
ya, most muffler shops use drive on racks. the drive on racks let them see how the car will sit on the ground. they even mention in the instructions for the MM SFCs that most muffler shops are equipped to install them.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
2003 CobraSVT said:

I called to see if they could install h&r springs on my vert, and they said they wouldn't be able to do it until june??... I don't know, I'll probably check them out anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread