Plano area Alignment and CC plates?

TenthScale

Established Member
Finally got my H&R springs in.. but I need to get the MM Caster/camber plates in and an alignment.. Anyone know a place that can do this near plano?

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
If you have any mechanical skills whatsoever and basic tools and a drill you should be able to do the install yourself and then take it somewhere.
I just take my car to Firestone because I get a discount there and tell them what alignment settings I want. You should run a good amount of positive caster to take advantage of the plates (5-6 degrees). This will give you extra dynamic camber change in corners as well as improved straight line stability without causing extra tire wear.

TenthScale

Established Member
Trick Pony said:
If you have any mechanical skills whatsoever and basic tools and a drill you should be able to do the install yourself and then take it somewhere.
I just take my car to Firestone because I get a discount there and tell them what alignment settings I want. You should run a good amount of positive caster to take advantage of the plates (5-6 degrees). This will give you extra dynamic camber change in corners as well as improved straight line stability without causing extra tire wear.

Yea I did everything else myself.. springs.. installed ported blower etc.. Only thing I have not done was the tune which after watching.. if I had a dyno I could have changed a few look up tables myself... but anyway yea I can install the plates myself just want to find a decient place to do the alignment around here.. Somewhere that will atleast make an attempt to adjust thrust angle within reasonable specs.. stock is so big you could drive a pair of Semis though the +_ range...

Users who are viewing this thread