Playstation 4 Car racing?

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Got some time to kill,

Did a quick search and saw nothing recent about PS4 car racing games. Im playing mostly offline. I remember playing the old Gran Turismo for PS2 and PS3. im open to suggestions from some fellow car guys.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Sadly the only car racing game worth getting on the PS4 is Drive Club. It came a long way from where it started. I put it down numerous of times, gave it a 2nd chance after all the updates and enjoyed it. Still, is a long way from FM and the GT series.

It’s an “arcade-ish” game with great tracks, best car game weather effects, and IMO best looking car game. You can’t really modify any of the cars either and the selection is limited but has pretty nice list (unless you’re into soley American Cars). There’s also a new NFS game but havent checked that one yet

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
damn thats a bummer, I really enjoyed the old Gran turismo games...tons of cars and all the modding, more realistic too.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I think all PS car fans do. Only reason why im jelly of X1 owners and their fantastic FM games. They said we will see the first GT next year, it wont be a complete game but more of a prologue once again...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I think all PS car fans do. Only reason why im jelly of X1 owners and their fantastic FM games. They said we will see the first GT next year, it wont be a complete game but more of a prologue once again...

lol Sony needs to ditch Polyphony like MS ditched Bungie. Gran Turismo needs new design leadership.

PS4 might see a true GT title circa 2018? Comedy right there. Turn 10 is putting out a game what, every year now? A full franchise simulator every other year and in between a arcade racer. Honestly if Turn10 went cross-platform it would pretty much be the end for the Gran Turismo series. Forza6 is the only title keeping me with going XB1.

mr2cam

Established Member
Can you get project cars on the PS4? I have it on PC and it is a blast

BlueSnake01

Established Member
lol Sony needs to ditch Polyphony like MS ditched Bungie. Gran Turismo needs new design leadership.

PS4 might see a true GT title circa 2018? Comedy right there. Turn 10 is putting out a game what, every year now? A full franchise simulator every other year and in between a arcade racer. Honestly if Turn10 went cross-platform it would pretty much be the end for the Gran Turismo series. Forza6 is the only title keeping me with going XB1.
I agree but Turn 10 is MS I belive so that will never happen. GT was at its best in GT3 and went downhill after that. Will be lucky so see the full game in 2018 :lol:
Can you get project cars on the PS4? I have it on PC and it is a blast
I actually forgot about that game. I remember reading about it before that there were a ton of bugs in the beginning. Not sure how it stacks up vs Drive Club

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I believe Gran Turismo 6 is coming out soon

I believe you mean GT7. Still love the GT series more than any other but it is funny because if we were still waiting for GT6 it honestly wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Polyphony Digital lol.

Mainn

Established Member
I've had every GT game since GT3. For PS4, I'm hooked onto Project Cars. Very fun game, and the most sim-like racing game currently available for the console IMO. It takes a lot of practice to get good at, though...but I'd highly recommend it if you're into the GT series.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I have both drive club and project cars and both are good in their own way. Drive club is kind of arcade like. Project cars is very good imo. It feels like a simulator and you have to be very careful when driving on it as there are a ton of penalties on it. The game forces you to drive clean. I also have the new need for speed. It's pretty good so far, typical arcade style but customization is good and one of the first cars you can get is a 1990 hatchback mustang gt so I was sold lol

Users who are viewing this thread